SHOULD HELEN THOMAS BE REMOVED FROM THE WHITE HOUSE PRESS ROOM?

SHOULD HELEN THOMAS BE REMOVED FROM THE WHITE HOUSE PRESS ROOM?

http://views.washingtonpost.com/post-user-polls/20...

88% amongst 1300 said NO.

What do you think?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

This article is rather old. Thomas retired this past week... So essentially she IS removed from the White House Press Room.

• Rubym
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

She retired. So unless the East Room has become a retirement center for old reporters, she is not at the White House any more.

But despite her comments and I disagree with what she said and especially the way she said it, I think there should be some way to at least commemorate her 50 years in the White House Press Corps. That might never be duplicated. And she has been a good reporter despite this final outburst, when she is nearly 90 years old. I don't know what other things she has said or not said over the years, but I hope these comments, while very wrong, are not her final legacy after 50 years.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Whatever happened to TRUE liberalism -- the generous idea that people are entitled to their opinions, even if we disagree? I don't particularly like Ms. Thomas, but she's entitled to speak her mind without being pilloried for it, and her resignation demanded.

In the past, when a beauty contestant was asked a question, it was to see if she could think on her feet, and answer questions with poise. Now she must give the politically correct answer, or the so-called "liberals" will try to ruin her.

PS: I'm not a conservative, but a rational, independent moderate.

• 10 years ago

That depends on who removes her.

This is the USA and she can say what she wants.

However, her remarks were offensive and stupid. I think Hearst should remove her from its employee roles.

The government, of course, should not censor her speech. But removing her from the press room does not prevent her from saying what she chooses. Her bigotry has no place in a respectable forum.

Anyhow, she retired, and thus removed herself from the White House press room.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

You do know what thomas is? Of course no one would be let back in the press room if they said that about africans!!! With things not being equal, a Jew is a Jew!!! My brother is a Jew!!!!!

• mac
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

She resigned several days ago. Most likely she blurted her comment with the intent of leaving.

• 10 years ago

It's already happened, but no, she should be protected by the constitution like everyone else.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Removed and exiled to a leper colony.

• Kevin7
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Yes i think so,she should be fired

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Only if she can get a new gig on Family Guy.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.