Kinia asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 10 years ago

Microsoft Office Access 2007?

I just start to take some Access classes on line and my manager asked me to create a calendar with trainings. Please advise what template I can use and where I can find it.

I will need to cover about 230 people with information what kind of training they already had, when training was taken, as well as future calendar with upcoming trainings (subjects, conference room, dates, trainer’s info, and conference numbers).

Thank you for your help.

Favorite Answer

Access is not the right tool to create a calendar. It's almost impossible to display Access data in a calendar format. Also it's extremely complex to prevent double bookings.

I have been working with Access for 10 years and have never succeeded in creating a booking calendar. Also I'm pretty sure there is no (free) calendar template available.

Don't waste your time looking for templates

build this application from scratch

make tables for trainees, trainings, trainers, rooms, subjects

allow yourself time to think well the database design

decide YOU if you want to focus on trainees or on trainings as it suits your purpose

make a form to update the table corresponding to your decision

use combo boxes to match subject trainer room etc. for each record

create additional forms to update each table

make a switchboard to access easily all your forms and reports

create reports to show trainees by training, trainings by trainee, trainees by subject... whatever you want and a report to show upcoming events

you are done having an expandable application and much acquired knowledge

there is plenty of available information on internet just search for every specific question you'll may have in the process