How do Creationists explain human chromosome #2, which matches 2 ape chromosomes combined. Evolution theory...?

....predicted this years before the genomes of apes and humans were closely compared. (A published article discussing the fact that apes have 24 chromosome pairs and humans 23 pairs specifically predicted that some day genome mapping would show evidence of two chromosomes of apes being combined in humans. And that... show more ....predicted this years before the genomes of apes and humans were closely compared. (A published article discussing the fact that apes have 24 chromosome pairs and humans 23 pairs specifically predicted that some day genome mapping would show evidence of two chromosomes of apes being combined in humans. And that is exactly what more recent discoveries have found.)

So how are Creationists responding to this impressive demonstration of evolution theory's predictive powers?

======================================...

OPTIONAL DETAILS:

The evidence is startling: fusion of ancestral chromosomes left distinctive remnants of telomeres, and a vestigial centromere. When scientists point out that the theory of evolution is valuable in predicting more and more details of human and ape genomes, they are not overstating their case.

I'm a Bible-believing Christian who is definitely a Creationist (meaning that I believe that God created all that we observe in the world.) So I also believe that God created science and honest study of science and honest study of the Bible need not be considered in conflict. (And history has demonstrated that Christians have a tendency to confuse their INTERPRETATION of what the Bible says with Biblical inerrancy. Many Christians scoffed at the Copernican model of the solar system because "It clearly contradicts the Bible's statements of the sun rising and setting." Yet now we explain to students of the Bible that figures of speech should not be confused with Biblical cosmology. So how many similar errors do Christians make about understanding Genesis?)

Clearly, evolution predicted and explains human chromosome #2 in a credible way. How does creationist theory explain it? [I'm not claiming that evolution theory provides the ONLY possible explanation. I'm simply saying this is another excellent example of credibility and evidence which we Creationists regularly demand. So what is the Creationist response?]
12 answers 12