Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Culturally, did GOD put WEED on this earth?

Did God put weed on this earth because he knew life would suck? Thats what my cousin Julio says lol. I think i have to agree with this statement because he said if you take the word marijuana and break it up you get the name Mary/Maria(jesus's mother) from the Mari part and Juan/John (An important apostle).

What do you guys think? I think its a valid argument lol. PS im not a weedhead,

Update:

@ REALS: you smoke dont you?

Update 2:

@Reals: impressive, i wish my cousin could do that lol.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Herb is a naturally growing plant so for those that believe in god yes he did.

it is safer than cigarettes and alcohol. there is not one recorded death from the use of marijuana alone and yet it is still illegal.

@the guy that said you have to put chemicals in it to make it stronger you know nothing about growing herb it can be grown completely organically and still have a high level of thc in it. the conditions in which it is grown determine the thc levels not what you put in it.

@Lauren scientists have published studies showing that the cannibinoids in marijuana have caused cancer cells and free radicals to become non-cancerous. the THC has an analgesic aka painkilling effect. it isn't an excuse when it is backed by scientific studies. it's better and safer than being doped up on narcotics like morphine and oxycontin all the time due to pain from cancer and not being able to move around or function properly and is a lot better than having radiation shot into your body.

@OP I used to smoke faithfully everyday when i was in high school I made some of the highest grades in my classes, I graduated on time joined the military for a year and am now in college. i haven't smoked in almost two years by choice.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wow, what a way to think about it . But it makes sense when you put it like that, but yea truth is, you really can't get the good stuff from natural weed . It's rare that you do though . But if you want some, CALI baby . Lol, I live all the way in GA but one of my homeboys be bringing it to my house parties & stuff .

But anyway, good question . I'm not a pothead though, I've done it 2-3 times but thats all, don't plan on doing it anymore ;]

• 5 years ago

Hemp makes for a solid solid rope. Is smoking weed a sin? whether that's unlawful. while it turns into lawful and one smokes it to get extreme, then it turns into Sin. we are to have a sober recommendations. seem, God additionally located poppy seeds on earth. Morphine and codeine are criminal, yet only by a prescription from a doctor. To abuse the drug is a Sin.

• 1 decade ago

No. Cancer is natural. So that argument is not valid. I think people use that as an excuse to smoke weed. Now don't get me wrong we should legalize it and make money. Stupid people wanna smoke weed all day might as well get something out of it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

I suppose. If it comes from the ground, and anyone who believes in God and believes that he is the source of all life (both animal and plant), then yes, yes he did.

I'm an agnostic mind you, but it's funny that you mention it.

• 1 decade ago

We named Marijuana, so it really doesnt have to come from God, but a funny coincidense nonetheless.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

according to anyone who believes God, yes he did. and he made it naturally grow from the ground, although natural weed is quite crappy. you need to put chemicals to get the real kush

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

"Did God put weed on this earth because he knew life would suck?"

No.

Humans cause their own suffering,

• 1 decade ago

no the Jewish god did not put weed on this earth

• JohnS
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

if I was religious Id think life sucked too

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.