Tips on writing an essay for a teenage audience?
I have to write a persuasive essay and I was wondering if anyone has tips to appeal to a teenage audience.
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
For a teenage audience, try to add the following:
- include informal language, and colloquialisms - i.e. slang and words you would not expect in a formal piece of writing
- relate ideas which many teenagers think of often - so instead of talking about politics, which relates to adults, maybe talk about video games or teenage love
- use short paragraphs or some form of writing in which it is not just a big block of writing. Perhaps use pictures to stimulate teenagers attention, or a comic font - but most teenagers will be put off when seeing a large big block of text
- include the audience and use persuasive techniques - use of 'our' and 'we' involves the audience and will persuade them better to agree with your ideas
I hope this helps you :)Source(s): Me!! :D