Should I prepare marketing tools to sell my house even though I have a realtor / real estate agent?

I am trying to sell my house and obviously the market isn't great. I signed a contract with a real estate agent but don't feel like I'm getting the true focus I should be from her. Should I take matters into my own hands and prepare marketing flyers or other tools to try and get my house sold?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

No that is the realtor's job. Your job is to clean the house, pack away clutter, repair, paint and replace what is needed.

• If you feel that you could do a better job on your own, you need to talk to your agent and let them know this. Ask to see what they have done and will continue to do to get the word out about your property. If you have a signed contract with an agent, you have agreed to pay them money to sell your home and should not attempt to do things on your own while still under contract. There are a lot of rules, laws and regulations around listing a house that your agent should know backwards and forwards. Make a decision to either list with the agent and get a new one if you have to or sell it on your own, but don't do both!

Source(s): Massachusetts Real Estate Agent

It's the realtor's job, but if you have the tools and talent to do a good job then do it. I always prepare flyers, pictures, lists of features in each room, etc. When I get a house ready to sell, I want it sold asap and I do whatever it takes to market it.

Talk to the realtor, tell her you feel you have a 'listing' agent not a 'selling' agent, what can the two of you do to get the house sold.

Other poster is right, clean, clean, and declutter. Make the curb appeal bring people in.

Source(s): Real Estate investor 35 + years.

I would definitely prepare some marketing tools to sell your house, if you feel like your real estate agent isn't doing their job then try to get out of the contract you signed with them. The only real reason to sign with a real estate agent is if you don't know how to write up your own real estate contract.

Thankfully you can buy your own real estate contract for less than $10 from sites like http://www.simplerealestatecontract.com/

If you don't feel like the real estate agent gets the house, then do it all yourself and save yourself some money!