why do they call a BMW a "beamer"?

WHY?

Favorite Answer

It was developed by BMW motorcycle riders to make a "word" out of BMW Motorrad: BeeM+er. In some areas (like the BMW car club) the proper word for an auto is Bimmer, leaving beemer to refer to motorcycles only.

Stupidity has nothing to do with having money. All of us know a batch of dumb-*** people who have managed to make a bucket of money. Look at ol' George W. Bush for heaven's sake. To some Harley owners, anything NOT a Harley might just as well be a rice burner simply on the grounds it isn't a Harley. Riding a Harley doesn't make you stupid, or smart. Just ride what you ride...and let everybody else do the same. And, don't go around making mountains out of mole hills or being so easily offended.

Anyone who refers to a BMW as a "beamer" doesn't know about BMW's.

Their just sheep who repeat someone else's errors and keep the ignorance going.

If a potential hirable mechanic refers to my car as "beemer", I say, okay, thank you, let me think about it and never call them back.

Anyone that talks to me about my car and uses the beeeemer word loses all validity on anything they are talking to me about BMW's.

car = Bimmer

motorcycles = Beemer