How long does someone stay high from pot?

How long does an average person stay high from smoking pot? How long does it take for them to fully come down? I'm only curious i did not say I smoke so please guys don't go on your " don't do drugs" rants I am just asking out of curiousity.

Favorite Answer

Well, the length of time that you stay high depends on a few things.

a) How long does an average high last you? (best estimate in minutes)

b) How long have you been smoking for?

c) How often do you smoke?

d) How much do you smoke at a time to get high usually and out of what?

e) Would you consider your stuff to be low, mid or high-grade?

All of these questions matter when trying to figure out about how long the high will last. Every different strain varies, because of their CBD and THC counts. Generally buds that are high quality will last the longest(between 1-3 hours) but some will get you super high and only last like an hour. The same is true for some of the lower quality buds. Ive had some that were really crappy, but got me medicated for 2+ hours. It all depends on the strain that you smoke, but you can expect anywhere from an hour to about three hours.

I would say "depending on your experience it varies" I used to be an avid pot smoker and i would get high for an hour and then be coming down by the second hour. New people who smoke though can be high for up to 4 or five hours depending on what you smoke and how much of it you smoke.

• I have no idea sorry... i work during the day and then get home and smoke and then go to bed bu ti know i'm not stoned in the morning when i wake up!? so it doesn't last longer than say 8 hours i know that much!

• Well, it depends if you have a lot and how good the quality is.

I got some good weed and me and my friend smoked some spliffs with a relatively small amount of weed and I needed more to be high again after about 20 minutes..

Then I had about 2 more spliffs with a lot more weed in them and I felt high for hours, I dunno, I fell asleep during that time :P

On average, one will peak at about 30 minutes, plateau for about 1 hour, and come down completely after 3 hours.

I would assume it varies from person to person and how much they use sometimes you will feel high for about an hour but be normal for another then hit low later.

it'll generally last about 2-4 hours or so but ya it depends on the weed.

• Janine

Drink some water and eat some protein. Careful no binging! You'll be ok!

depends on how good it is. good pot will last for hours.