Would donating 10 thousand dollars to a church make me a good person?

I'm considering doing that to hopefully make up for bad things ive done recently. I want to help the community.

My father gave me 10 thousand dollars last week for personal reasons. I don't want his filthy money.

Best Answer

Manifest faith. Merely professing to have faith is not enough. True faith leads to action. “Indeed,” writes James, “faith without works is dead.” (James 2:26) Acting in faith when facing trials builds endurance. To succeed, a Christian needs to ask God for wisdom, convinced that God will give it to him. Endurance leads to God’s approval. (James 1:2-6, 12) If in faith a worshipper maintains integrity, Jehovah God will respond. “Draw close to God,” James says, “and he will draw close to you.”—James 4:8.

A Christian’s faith must be strong enough to help him resist temptations and immoral influences. A prevailing bad moral environment compelled Jude to urge his fellow believers to “put up a hard fight for the faith.”—Jude 3.

• lanza

in case you do no longer stay out west, you have in no way heard of DI (Deseret Industries). it is variety of the Mormon version of the Salvation military or the Volunteers of usa. human beings donate used outfits and different products. There are people who artwork there who ought to no longer be waiting to hold down a popular job or are education or something. there's a save the place you ought to purchase those issues. Now, this is the interesting element, that I heard. whilst DI gets outfits and enjoyed ones products, the very terrific of those are no longer positioned on the save cabinets, yet are saved in a great warehouse. Then, whilst there's a disaster (like hurricane Katrina), the warehouse is opened and, working with a team like the crimson bypass, they are often the 1st ones on the scene with those sorts of issues and hand them to all people who desires them, regardless of non secular association. in actuality, they have additionally labored with the crimson Crescent interior the middle East (the Islamic equivilent of the crimson bypass). yet another element: we've what we call the Bishop's Storehouse. This has nutrition and different enjoyed ones products that human beings choose, who must be having financial problems. often, one might desire to be a member of the church to get help. yet, I quite have a chum who used to run the Storehouse together with his spouse. i became into telling him approximately how somebody complained approximately how we did no longer have a soup kitchen or something, and he mentioned, properly, we don't have one, yet they know we are here. I asked why and he mentioned that each time there is nutrition that may not save (no longer nutrition it truly is undesirable, yet getting close to it is date, like milk and eggs and bread) it is all given to homeless shelters and soup kitchens and that they are so happy for it. The church does a great variety of charitable artwork they do exactly no longer broadcast it.

• Bast

No, you'd just be foolish. If you really want to help the community give that money to a charity that actually serves the community rather than a business that will only use it to propagate their religious beliefs.

No it would not help to make up for the bad things ( trust me I have gone far far away) but you can start by getting right with the Lord and then letting Him spend (or save) the money.

No! It is what is inside of you what makes it,though it would be a good deed if not to a catholic or a cultic church.It is the motive inside of your giving that counts.Good works cannot save you.God says no one is good and all need salvation from Jesus.A man must see himself as God does & totally repent asking for forgiveness & salvation from Jesus Christ & become "Born-Again" with God's Spirit. see st Jn 3:3 & Romans chapters 1,3,& 10.

In the eyes of that particular church, probably.

In the eyes of everyone else who had no idea you did that, they would be nonnethewiser, and you'd be left with whatever personality traits, history, or mindsets you may have.

Throwing money at problems doesn't solve them. Look for examples in the world around us.

No!!

Find a local homeless shelter, or a orphanage or a place, a where they could really use the money..

Churches today are evil, most of those people dont even read the Bible, and have done worse things that you can even imagine..

Find people who really need the money, and give it to them..

Hey, you know, if u are Islam, you dont need like 10k to donate.

Just donate it with ur true heart, nt because to get glory .

Try to read anddiscover abt Islam, its the only religious that will go to heaven.

That doesn't help the community. It only helps the preacher buy his little luxuries. Give it to a cancer charity or something that helps kids.

• Saz

No. However donating it to a homeless shelter or healthcare clinic for the poor might.