Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Christians: can you drink deadly poison without dying or heal sick people just my touching them?

Mark 16: 17-18

And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.

check out your bible. can you do any of this? I didn't think so. lol

Favorite Answer

OUT OF CONTEXT.... ROFL

It is out of context, let me explain

Mark Chapter 16

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

This is a parable

Saying once you believe in Christ and be baptized you will preach truth, "new tongues"

Fight against "non believes, sperents" which will posion you with there beliefs, but it will not cover up the Truth

Heal the sick, "lost souls"

Actually Christians can "drink deadly poison" without being harmed. Throughout the Bible, false words against God are considered poison. James 3:8 But the tongue can no man tame; [it is] an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. So it could be used that way, just as snakes or serpents are used to depict Satan. And Paul was bitten by a poisonous snake and he was fine, so anything is possible with God by your side! Paul didn't go looking for the snake to prove a point though. It was accidental. Whether literal or not, Christians have been and will continue to be protected by Christ Jesus and these signs will continue. Jesus is The Truth. God Bless.

These sayings are spiritual law without being watered down. Man is capable, but the age is still in Egypt.

Can you fly the space shuttle? Thought not. Mark is talking about believers who practice their faith 24/7 like the Apostles did.

Back to the space shuttle and the reason you can't fly it, you don't practice it 24/7 like an astronaut does.

I'm not sure this has anything to do with religion... because I have done all these things without any belief in gods. I believe in something else though... but I'm not going to tell you what it is. You're just going to have to find it for yourself.

I pick up a snake with my hands every time I go to the toilet, so yes.

John F. Kennedy said "Man will walk on the Moon!"

Have you walked on the Moon? (Moon-walking M.J. style does not count! )No, then you are not a man!

This type of question shows a lack of reasoning and makes the one asking look foolish.

I think the guy from Princess Bride could do one of those things.

That ol' bible does say some really weird things.

Well, you got me. Im a fraud.

No ,your misunderstanding the point. It's basically saying God has got your back. Not to purposely got out and drink poison..