Bob Dylan: Overrated, Underrated, or Neither Your opinions?

Many people love Bob Dylan, including my teachers. They are so obsess about him. lol.

I respect him, but however, I do think he is overrated in my in opinion. I do care of his accomplishments and his song writings but it isn't appealing to me. I ask some of my musicians friends about Dylan and they agree with my statement.

I just don't know about his music. I didn't love or like it. I just tolerate it like the Rolling Stones. I hate the Rolling Stones but I tolerate some of their songs.

Plus, I don't like heavy blues rock. I'm more of electric, punk, alternative rock person.

If I made a little error, I'm sorry.

Yeah.

I love Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Aerosmith, but I don't like Bob Dylan. if you a folk rocker, I understand.

Dang. everybody is touchy. Nobody is going to kill you if you answer is wrong. I just want to hear different opinions. It won't change my opinion about Dylan.

um....yeah. I don't see Bob as a great artist. People and the media create him as gods. His album is kind of mess up.

I don't know. He isn't my taste that for sure.

Favorite Answer

Overrated. I can't enjoy a single song if his but I do respect him.

EDIT: You say Bob Dylan is more overrated

than Nirvana?!?! 0_o

His technical command of his medium and knowledge are excellent. A very talented artist. Not for everybody, naturally, because this is the arts. Whatever works for you, man.

I might compare him to other musical artists. Among my favorites are George Gershwin, Richard Rogers, John Lennon, Irving Berlin, Max Steiner. But compare Beethoven, Bach, Mozart. Will his reputation be on their level in 100+ years? Wait 20 years and ask yourself again.

Why the hell are people so concerned with ratings of bands? What- is there some sort of "Official Greatest Bands of All time Ranking List of the Internet" i'm not hearing about?

Source(s): just because you don't like a band, doesn't mean that everyone else is "wrong" with their feelings... Why should the apparent "ranking" of bands have to apply to YOU and only YOU?

Some people just don't have the musical or literate ear to appreciate Dylan's music. It looks like you're one of them. To everyone else, we must treat these sorts of people with sympathy and pity, not with scorn. It's not really their fault.

Source(s): "You're an idiot, babe. It's a wonder that you still know how to breathe."
  • Most don't like his voice. Personally, I like the imperfect, drunkenness of it.

He is, though, one of the best (if not THE best) songwriters of all time. You may not think the music itself is that special, but if you really listen to the words it's all true and very realistic.

:)

• Neither. One of the greatest songwriters ever IMO, and a great musician, just not a very good singer.

Highly overrated

earlier you said Nirvana underrated, now your saying Bob Dylan is overrated?

.....*no comment*

What Erowid said.

OVERATED, a band who is underated is led zeppelin