Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 decade ago

Should I be angry that my husband is injecting testosterone for body building purposes?

First it was protein drinks, then it was muscle builders and like 15 different vitamins from the local GNC store and now it's purchasing testosterone from some 'friend" at the gym.

We've been arguing over this for the last month. He first tried to keep it from me, then he went behind my back and bought it. We agreed he would visit his doctor and see what his opinion was on it before using it, this of course was after we had the biggest fight of our marriage. Last night I found out he had injected himself before going to the gym. I'm FURIOUS and worried and am not sure what to do.

Am I over reacting? Do most gym rats take this stuff and because its foreign to me I fear it?

What should I do? I'm not sure how to handle this situation.

I'm not speaking to him and slept in a different room last night but I really dont want this to be my marriage. He swears he'll wont take again if that's what it takes for us to work things out but at this point he's lied to me three times in a month. This is outside of his character, he's never cheated, never been caught nor admitted to lying about anything else. This is all new to me...what should I do???

Favorite Answer

I would definitely say no to the testosterone. He is taking what could have been a good thing, and going way too far. He is also being sneaky and destroying the trust in your relationship. I hope that other posters can enlighten you as to what would cause this unhealthy escalation and obsession.

• townes

I think a lot of gym rats take dumb stuff. My son, from the time he started playing football, was taking supplements that I know have no effect, but he believed in them. And the steroids are out there.

Testosterone isn't legal except by prescription, and the injectable form is only safe when it's given every couple weeks at the standard dose to someone with low testosterone. It has virtually no effect on body building, especially if your husband has normal testosterone levels, which he probably does.

If he's injecting some other anabolic steroid similar to testosterone, some of them are even less safe and are good for bodybuilding. He's in more danger there. Not that injecting plain old testosterone wouldn't put him at risk for medical problems and be stupid.

I guess I'd handle it similarly to the way you handle an alcoholic. Al-anon stuff. Boundaries. If he doesn't stop, your response is whatever you choose it to be - leaving, sleeping in a different room, calling the police, whatever. It has to be something you'll follow through on, though. And you have to be aware that, in the end, you can't control what he does and will have to decide whether it's a marriage-breaking problem.

Source(s): biochemist and pharmacologist
  • teresa

How To Inject Testosterone

If you'll need a step-by-step benchpush power program including what direction to go daily, how a number of days of the week to workout, just how many reps and sets you need to accomplish, and some other ideas that will assist somebody separate their gym's benchpress report! Then here is the program for you https://tr.im/dNMdz

Critical Bench is much higher than a easy plan to help you together with your bench, with Critical Bench you will learn that if a long straining time of training there is nothing greater than the usual nice warm shower. Not only does it sense nice and your lady won't protest about your stench but it also boosts your healing. That is anything a lot of persons don't know but they could study from that program.

Also, with Critical Bench you can learn that the absolute most essential part of your recovery is enough time whenever you sleep (this is when your muscles grow). You want to get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each and every night.

Critical Bench will demonstrate really interesting points, things that you didn't know and number different plan inform you and for this reason the program is the better in his field.

If you add your self that questions: “What type of plan must I follow if I do want to then add significant weight in the shortest period of time possible? Should I really do some sort of periodization plan to perform as much as my next max-out? Should I perform various bench press variations?” then you definitely will see the answers here https://tr.im/9hJAn .

Critical Bench is more than simply an eBook. The website it self has some decent articles and information and gives a sense of community, that is often with a lack of different products. A lot of these bodybuilding eBooks are simply that, eBooks. If you have a concern, or something you wish to examine you've to check elsewhere but Critical Bench program can help you all the way.

I don't know about the drug itself, except that I've been taking it monthly as prescribed for about a year now, with no adverse side effects, in fact, I sometimes wonder if it's even doing its job. But I DO know why he's hiding it from you, and that's because he knows you'll flip out when you find out what he's doing. Instead of reaming his ***, like so many controlling wives do, try appealing to your love and care for his health, and that you want what's best for him, NO MATTER what that includes, testosterone or not. If it does, then tell him your willing to go with him to the doctor and get tested for low levels, and if necessary, he can get on a doctor-prescribed regimen. But stop trying to control every single aspect of his life. THAT ALONE is why you're fighting, I guarantee it. I've been married (to the same woman) for almost 30 years, so yes, I DO know what I'm talking about.

Dont listen to any of these people, right off the bat its obvious they don't know what they are talking about. Test. Does not lower your sperm count, if anything it will raise it, along with libido and other things. In my opinion you are completely over reacting. I understand you might not like it, but rather trying to start a fight and trying to control every aspect of his life, dont give him crap and let him try it for a little while and see how it goes. Test. Will physically make you feel so much better that its unimaginable, especially if you really need it. But really, I would say let him give it a try and don't give him so much trouble, if it goes good then good, however if he starts having negative side effects like not being able to keep anger under control, or other things that may affect your relationship, talk to him about quitting, although he will have to go to a doctor, because if you quit cold turkey THEN and only then can the testicles shrink.

Source(s): Dedicated bodybuilder for 10 years, personal trainer, medical school student.
    • jenn5 years agoReport

That is retarded. Roids are still a class A felony last time I checked. I don't care if it's Roids, coke or weed. If my husband starting doing those things behind my back, I would be livid. Honesty is EVERYTHING in a relationship and if you don't want something in your life, don't ever settle.

so he has already started his cycle, because he has to hide it from you lets hope he is properly injecting so that he will not get an infection. you should atleast make sure he has enough needles so he does not re use needles, big no no. Also, make sure he has some anti estrogen for after cycle. Testosterone can be used responibly, but the fact is that too many people abuse it and get side effects and now everyone thinks steroids are sooo bad. Steroids aren't magic, just a tool. you still have to eat good food and workout hard

Build Ripped Muscle Fast

My boyfriend used to be a gym rat and he would take protein powders and supplements. I read this to him because he really knows his stuff. His suggestion is to take a sample to the hospital or family doctor and get it tested to make sure that it really is just testosterone, especially because he is getting it from his friend. You may have to pay for it, but it could be worth it, especially if it contains steroids.

Don't be confused between the two, testosterone and steroids are two different things.

Testosterone's main effect will be stamina so he can work out longer. He may become edgy but not close to steroid rage. His main worry is taking too much for two long. Too much of anything is bad for you.

If it's only testosterone I wouldn't push it too much, I would just keep an eye out to see how much he's using and how often.

If it graduates to steroid use, personally, that would be a no-no for me.

I think a lot of the other answers are being confused with steroids. And most people aren't realizing it's a lot easier to tell someone what to do (like giving an ultimatum) than to be the person who actually has to do it. How you want to handle his lying it up to you.

Food plays such an crucial function in our lives, and however it’s one of our worst enemies as properly. It requires almost nothing for a healthful diet to turn into one that packs on the pounds or causes health troubles! Modify this with Metabolic Cooking and make the meals a buddy and not an enemy.