Should the minimum age for nude beaches be 18?

I think it should increase to 18 and up because there is no way I want to expose my manhood with a bunch of children around. I also think that it's an unsafe environment for people to bring their kids to because you have perverts and predophiles, who likely frequents those type of places. Not to mention, males tend to have those moments where they may obtain an erection or 2 and kids should NOT be at a place like that in those situations.

Does anyone else agree with me that kids under 18 should NOT be allowed to any kind of nude beach? I think every nude beach of the world should consider increasing the age limit to 18 and up.

Favorite Answer

Yes. It is illegal to expose yourself in front of a minor in other places so I thinks its insane to have kids running around a nudist beach.

However a true nudist wouldn't see it as sexual to have their parts out in front of children and the majority like the freedom of not having to wear clothes. The rest are narcissists.

I totally disagree with you. I have been a nudist my entire life and never once had an experience where a perv or pedo was stalking or staring when I was a kid. As I got older I of course caught more looks, but that happened when I went shopping, or any other place for that matter.

I went with other teen nudists frequently to undeveloped hot springs and skinny-dipping swimming holes. Sometimes all of us were nude, sometimes only some of us went nude. We didn't judge and we weren't any more or less "sexual" than we were in school or at a public pool. Kids weren't running off into the bushes to have sex and we didn't have any adult supervision on many of these trips. Most of us were nudists from nudist families and our parents trusted us. Sure, some non-nudist kids who were curious about nudism came too, but there were never any problems.

What bummed us out is that some places we had to be 18 to go. That sucked. If anything, I think private clubs and resorts that encourage true family nudism should DROP the age to 15 or 16 so teens who are curious about nudism and want to find out more can have a safe place to do so if they don't have a public clothing optional beach to go to.

Haha. Your MANHOOD EXPOSED. YOU sound like a perv. Most pervs don't hang out nude on the beach or at the resort looking for kids. They sit in a parking lot or hide behind rocks with binoculars and telescope lenses so they can watch from far away and NOT have to worry about being busted by the beach regulars or the cops. They rarely get naked because they are too afraid of being exposed themselves.

The whole thing about Europe not having binge drinking is an absurd statement. Almost one million pints of Guinness are drank in Ireland each day (population 4.1m). This doesn't include any other type of beer or alcohol! Drinking is far more pervasive in Europe even if the drinkers don't kick back 5+ drinks in a session. Alcohol abuse in America is far more out in the open. We consider people as "having a problem" who would be totally normal in other parts of the world. Take a trip to the UK, Finland, Russia, etc.

Sorry kookoo, but there are quite a few legal public nude beaches here in the US. Legal, because in many states it's up to individual counties and towns to pass laws against it, and many don't. Making them "adult only" sends the wrong message. Many bring their families and most of us wouldn't visit the kind of beach where families wouldn't feel safe. You're thinking those places are sexually charged, but they aren't. If so, real nudists avoid them and leave them to the pervs who are soon to be collected by the police for breaking real laws against lewd and lascivious behavior.

Haulover Beach near Miami is a good case in point. Sanctioned and run by the county. Signs designate the clothing optional area. Off the main road within walking distance of hotels. Friendly people, lifeguards on duty, and the police patrol so everyone feels safe and the pervs are hauled off. The county is happy and makes money, the visitors are happy, and everything just works.

Source(s): I've visited many legal, official and unofficial nude beaches across America and overseas.

In most other parts of the world, especially Europe, nearly all beaches are clothing optional, so this would be quite impossible to enforce. Here in the USA, nudity in public is illegal, so any nude PUBLIC beach would be illegal anyway. And if there are any public nude beaches here, they are only tolerated by the authorities and nude people are technically breaking the law. Private property is a different story, depending upon whether such frolicking is visible from off property.

I disagree with your opinion, Americans are much too Puritan!

Auntie Kookoo

I would suggest you go to private nude beaches for adults only. I don't know too many parents who would subject their children to certain nude beaches where certain activity is bound to happen. Most beaches have reputations for what is found on them. Choose wisely.

I would like to know WHERE a nude beach is near me, and then I will make sure there are not kiddies around!

I agree....Here in my Country it's forbidden to walk naked in front of kids in public places... if you are being caught, your kids will be taken to foster houses and you end up in jail.

if you get an erection when a litte kid walk past you got a problem.

also yes

No, because children need to be taught that being naked is natural and not something to be ashamed of.