Have you ever let anyone on the internet hurt your feelings?

I used to laugh and think this was not possible, but recently it has happened to me, don't know why but it did, yes it's just the internet but we are still human beings with feelings aren't we? Have you ever had this happen to you.

I tell myself, don't be silly this is not real it's just online people that I probably won't ever meet anyway but it still gets to me regardless.

Are you ever like this, or am I being too sensitive? I have some real life friends too, it's not as if I am a loner stuck on the computer all day, so why am I like this?

Thanks.

• .
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it happens to us all, or at least those of us who open our hearts to others we meet online.

Internet contacts are real people too ~ with the capacity to charm and delight, entertain, soothe, and, sadly, hurt us too.

I don't think you're "too" sensitive at all. Too often people forget that on the other side of the computer sits a real human being with very real, and sometimes very vulnerable, feelings.

I have had this happen as well and sometimes people say things that are just really hurtful. I think that it is normal to feel upset when someone is rude to you over the internet. Just because your on the internet doesn't mean that someone can't get under your skin and make you feel bad about yourself. I try to just let it go and not worry about it because if they constantly have to make you feel bad then there must be something wrong with them and not you.

• _

Ah, everyone feels that way. People can be harsh on the internet because like you said it doesn't feel like you are talking to real people. They probably didn't even think it was a big deal. Don't let it get to you.

iv been hurt via the internet, but look at is as just text, but that can still hurt, thats why people write books, and still gives the person feeling of whats going on, so yeah people get hurt on the net, either relation ships or others

I used to when I first started on here but now no never as you never really know who is behind the avator..Pass no heed Lynzeigh as anyone who is mean or nasty is insecure in themselves so don't take it personal...or maybe someone is just having a bad day & takes it out on others, even though that is no excuse.....have had my eyes opened on here a few times so now just don't take anything to heart :)

Once in a blue moon. I try not to let anything "get" to me, I know that people on the internet would never say that to my face. They just use the computer as a wall.

Sometimes the things people say it's hard not to be insulted. As long as this doesn't happen every day or anything then this is just natural and nothing to worry about.

everything i say on the internet effensive or nice is just a joke ppl like to tease others cos theres nothin they can do and u can say wot eva u want and sumtimes ppl say funny things only in real life u can be offended cos they sayin it to ur face and thats why fights start.

some people are sensitive... thats not your fault, be proud that your'e emotionally evolved than most people on the net (unless of course your'e one of the people who spout the same vile stuff)...

i don't suppose its "hurt", more anger... you have to take the internet with a pinch of salt... you realise most of these people, if you stopped them in the street and asked them the same questions, wouldn't answer the same way they do here... as soon as they spout the racist/aggravating/hurtful comments, they'd get beaten to a pulp... anonymity means people have no fear of punishment...

Yes i have been a couple of times.

But like in old saying we have (Stick and Stones may Break my Bones,but Names Will Never Harm Me)