What does "cc" mean when talking about motorcycles?

My friend says he wants to get a 1500 cc bike, what does he mean by this? just a generalized answer will do thanks :)

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

CC's refer to the cubic centimeter displacement of the engine. Tell your friend to grow up some before he throws a leg over a monster such as a 1500.......

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

Its the motor size in cubic centimeters, a 1500 cc is the same as 1.5 liter

• 4 years ago

It is a dramatization of an accident (not a real one). In the commercial he is talking about traffic rights of way. In certain situations one vehicle has the right of way over another (for example when any vehicle [car or motorcycle] is turning left across lanes of traffic vehicles coming the other way have the right of way and the turning vehicle must wait for an opening in traffic). It does not mean that in all situations where things are equal that a motorcycle has the right of way over a car. It just means that in the accident they are talking about the driver of the car was at fault and his insurance company should pay and the nice lawyer in the commercial will get the insurance company to pay the motorcycle owner (for a nice 33-50% fee). Edit: I really should read all the answers before I type because LeAnne said the same thing I said only better and more succinctly.

• 10 years ago

It is cubic centimeters of displacement used to denote the motor size on most non-American bikes.

A CC is equal to 0.061023744 CI. Displacement is usually rounded to nearest even size.

74CI motor would be 1212.64CC but the Harley 74 is actually 73.66CI 0r 1207 CC (but is called 74CI or 1200CC)

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • cc means cubic centimeters - 1500 equals 88 cubic inches

• 10 years ago

read some bike magazines, there is 1500cc nomad, goldwing was 1500 before the 1800 bikes, there is the 2000cc kawasaki, a 2200cc triumph, 504 cubic inch boss hogg, harley has 1600cc

• 10 years ago

cc stands for cubic centimeters.

• 10 years ago

Centimeters cubed.

• 10 years ago

Cubic Centimeters, its the displacement of the motor. Such as a 7.4L motor also means it has 454 cu. in. (cubic inches).

• 10 years ago

It means "cool cat"... Instead of putting numbers on the number plates of motocross bikes, all the cool kids are just putting "cc" on the number plates nowadays. I guess it's like a type of club or something.

Lol, and tell your friend there is no such thing as a 1500cc bike.. There are 1300cc hayabusas, and 1400cc ninjas, but that's the biggest. No 1500s. There are also like 1800cc bikes, but those are like goldwings and I doubt your friend is into touring bikes lol

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.