How can an insurance company not cover injuries suffered during an "exorcism"?

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/06/07/27852.htm

INDIANAPOLIS (CN) - An insurance company insists it has no obligation to cover injuries suffered during an "exorcism" by members of the City Church for all Nations. Cincinnati Insurance claims an autistic church member was restrained and assaulted until he vomited blood during the "exorcism."

The City Church for all Nations fka Cherry Hill Church (CHC) "operated a college ministry, which it called a 'school of theology,'" near Indiana University in 2007, according to the federal complaint.

Surely the insurance company must recognise this claim or is being a Christian dangerous, like sky diving?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

Christians claim god makes and causes everything!!

Insurance companies specifically exclude acts of god!!

So why do Christians waste their money on insurance when any claim they make would be fraudulent?!!

• 10 years ago

If the guy in question realised that an exorcism would involve Assault, Battery and possibly Actual Bodily Harm then the church has a good argument for consent and the guy simply took a risk off his own back. He can't expect the insurance company to pay up for his dare de bravé.

That wasn't actually French.

• Iris
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

No it's not true, thanks largely to SCHIP. Clinton signed the original bill, which passed in 1997 to help the poor. After a study showed large numbers of uninsured children whose parents were making too much to qualify for SCHIP but not enough to afford insurance, the Democrats in 2007 twice passed expansions of the bill, which Bush vetoed. After Obama was elected, the SCHIP expansion was among the first bills he signed in February, 2009. This expansion covered an additional 4 million children and pregnant women who previously could not get health insurance. SCHIP is a very popular government funded health insurance program, like Medicare. Yet the same people who attack the public option also defend these programs.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

when was the last time you saw an exorcism? Their questionable to say the least. If you were an insurance company would you cover a voo doo incident? I sure as hell wouldn't! they need to get that autistic kid out of there before they kill them. why would they puke blood? EVER?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Any person in his/her right mind would know why it cannot be covered by insurance, I wonder sometimes about Americans, religion and exorcism is big business over in the States and people are so simple minded it is no wonder that Satan is winning.

The way to God is within yourselves and through your own efforts you will find the way to God,

Satan compared to God is as a grain of sand, it is the stupidity of men which allows him so much power.

Source(s): Catholic Exorcist
  • 10 years ago

Look at ANY insurance policy. They specifically exclude what are called "Acts of God". An exorcism is, being done in God's name, an act of God. Case closed in any court in the land.

Source(s): Know how lawyers and insurance companies rip you off. Has been my fate for many years.
  • 10 years ago

Probably because the exorcism wasn't an accident. And who gives an exorcism to an autistic person?!

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

If they don't cover it then it is their choice. My insurance doesn't cover Rhino attacks but i'm not really too bothered about that

• Mack
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Ummmm Acts of Demons are an Act of God??

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Isn't there an "act of god" clause in there somewhere...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.