Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 10 years ago

Christians: Do you believe that the end of the world will happen soon?

All of the natural disasters, some people say Obama is the anti-Christ... Do you think that the end of the world is coming?

28 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

No one knows when the world as we know it will end, BUT it is getting very close

Keep your eyes on Israel as this will happen ---

THE LAST DAYS

Daniel 2 v31-35

King of the North Russia.

King of the South Arab nations

King of the East China.

King of the West Europe led by the antichrist.

North and South army will come against Israel (Ezekiel 38v19)

Russia and the Arab nations will attack Israel and will be destroyed on the hills of Israel by the hand of God. (Possible a massive earthquake) After witnessing the massive destruction of millions of soldiers the world will be desperate for the peace offered by the antichrist.

Europe led by the antichrist will form one world government, one world religion, with one world dictator.

China and Europe’s armies will meet to battle it out for world supremacy on a battlefield in Israel called Armageddon.

Then there will be an invasion from Heaven (Rev.19v1-16)

The America’s, Britain and the British Commonwealth will side with Israel, but will take a passive position.

Europe and China will then join together to fight against HIM WHO SITS UPON THE WHITE HORSE AND AGAINST HIS ARMIES. (REV.19V11-19)

Hope this helps.

• 10 years ago

first of all obama isnt the anti christ the anti christ will come from some were near jerusalem. all of the natural disasters that have happened arent the end of the world they r just a warning also dont belive 2012 because in the bible it says that not even the angels know when the end will come. hope this helps

Source(s): church
  • 4 years ago

People have been trying to predict the end of the world since before Christ. There have been no correct guesses thus far and no one, no matter how much scientific knowledge we gather will be able accurately predict. For "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36. God is ultimately going to determine the date and there is nothing we can do about it. When calculations are made off of things in the bible that are meant to be taken figuratively, all of the sudden it becomes way out of wack.

• 10 years ago

I guess it depends on what your idea of "soon" is. Soon, as in the next 10,000 years? (Considering the age of the Earth, that would be relatively soon.) Or soon, as in during my lifetime? I believe that the former is more likely than the latter. There have always been natural disasters; Obama is just a guy, and is hated too much by too many to be the anti-Christ.

<edit> @ Reilly: You forgot May 21, 2011. Yeah, I think that's a new one.

Source(s): non-religious, spiritual Christian
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

I do believe the end of the world prophesied in the Revelation of John is drawing near, but not because of the things you mentioned. For one, more and more people are turning atheist and blaspheming against God. The Church has been suppressed, and people openly insult and accuse the Pope. By doing this, people are "worshipping the Beast" and the devil. Satanism exists, and is tolerated. Examples of the corruption of our society accept the use and tolerance of abortion, contraception, homosexuality, transgender/bi, Satanism, atheism, insult of the Church and God. Yes, I believe the end of the world is coming within 2 centuries, unless we turn around as humanity as a whole back to Christ.

But, If you are a follower of Christ the "Lamb of God", you can and will be saved. The End of the World marks the beginning of the Age of the Kingdom of Heaven, and atheists, satanists, heathens and blasphemers will no longer exist.

• 10 years ago

im not super religous. but i am a christian.

in the bible it sais that there is like 7 seals that have to be broken before the end of the world. supposedly one of the seals are alot of natural disasters etc. so its either just one of eartchs cycles. or one of the seals being broken. but even if it is broken itll be a good while before the end of the world.

and as for the obama thing. im not so sure about that...but apprently in some scripts or whatever they found that the anti-christs name was translated into Obamas name. it might not be him but it might. nobody knows any of this. anything is possible.

just live your life. no need to worry about anything. when it happens. it happens. nothing we can do about it.

• 10 years ago

end of the world: never going to happen for Christians. But for atheists, that's another story. According to the book of Revelations, the world will be ruled by a single ruler for seven years, then there will be the war of all wars (non-believers vs Christians), Christians will win, then God will send Jesus down for the second time in the form of a lamb. God will then replenish the earth, then have Jesus build a magnificent kingdom. God will invite all survivors of the war (Christians), and I believe people from Heaven although I'm not 100% sure that one, to live in Jesus' Kingdom for the duration of eternity! As the Christians live in The Son's wonderful Kingdom, all Jews, Buddhists, Muslims, atheists, and so on, will be eternally damned in Hell!

Source(s): Bible Jesus' Love God's Blessings
  • sdn
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Obama is not the Anti-Christ he meets NONE of the qualifications. The world will end soon though we are on the verge of nuclear war. Watch North and South Korea

• Hiei
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

I think Christ will return soon. Obama is an antichrist, but not the antichrist that will take over the New World Order. Obama is NOT a christian. He mocks Jesus and the Bible.

• 10 years ago

About the end of the world, no man knows, no angels know

The 2nd coming of Jesus is very eminent but this one thing do now and that day will not come to you like a thief in the night. Make Jesus your Lord now.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.