Is Mother Teresa in Hell and Jeffrey Dahmer in Heaven?

Okay Lets assume that Heaven and Hell are real...

Me and my and my protestant christian friend were having a discussion about heaven and hell (assuming they are real)... and then he blurted out that "Mother Teresa is in Hell and Jeffrey Dahmer is in Heaven"... My natural reaction was one of complete awe or "huh?"...

So he explained why he believed this... Jeffery Dahmer is going to heaven because he accepted the lord jesus christ into his life 2 weeks before he died in prison... and the inmates even reported a change in his behavior (apparently not enough to keep them from killin him off)

Mother Teresa is going to hell because when asked if she believes she is going to heaven she was quoted as saying "yes my deeds will get me into heaven" my friend then went on to say that deeds will not get you into heaven only accepting jesus as your lord and savior will get you into heave...

Assuming the scenarios presented are true what do you think? and why?

Jeffrey Dahmer - Notorious serial killer who went to gay bars, picked up gay black males, took them home where he killed them and ate them

More info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Dahmer

Mother teresa - Catholic Nun from india who dedicated her life to helping others through charity and ministry.

more info

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa

@YY4Me - Holy crap thats alot of quotes... I get your point... However this was a theological question not a historical one... i was previously slightly aware of mother t's shady bahavior, however i learned alot goin through your quotes and sites, thank you

@Carl - LMAO... Man you need to calm down and read my question again... i never even stated my opinion on the topic... and it was asked because its theologically interesting seeing as how people have their different opinions on the topic... dont get mad get glad =)

Favorite Answer

Mother Theresa never said that, so your friend is bearing false witness (10 commandments) and unless he repents will be in hell.

Exodus 20:16 "You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor

Dahmer, if truly repentant will have to first repay every last penny before he enters heaven. Everyone is Judged and just accepting Jesus is not a free ticket to heaven.

Matthew 5:25 Be at agreement with thy adversary betimes, whilst thou art in the way with him: lest perhaps the adversary deliver thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the officer, and thou be cast into prison. 26 Amen I say to thee, thou shalt not go out from thence till thou repay the last farthing.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels: and then will he render to every man according to his works.

Revelations 22:12 Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to render to every man according to his works.

John 10:1 Amen, amen I say to you: He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up another way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Peace be with you

<<<Devout Catholic>>>

Do you resent your highly successful buddy who owns a big house, a fancy sports vehicle, and goes off on a family holiday every once in a while? Do you think that you are not getting exactly what you deserve regardless of working really hard? If yes, then you are not alone as there are millions of guys and women who feel the same.

Fortunately, it is still not too late and you can accomplish everything that you have desired from life with the assistance of Manifestation Miracle, a self-development guide that you can find here https://tr.im/ablPv

Manifestation Miracle has currently helped countless people. These people have changed their lives and achieved everything from success in business and lots of cash to name and fame in society and you too can be among them. Simply tune your destiny and you discover barriers being eliminate from your path.

For Jeffry Dahmer, if he asked for forgiveness from his sins, then sure, he can get into Heaven. For Mother Teresa, I'm almost positive she's in heaven...she did what she did for the Lord. She helped sick people-- fed them, etc-- all in the name of God.

Interesting fact: Mother Teresa had an exorcism performed on her just months before she died. Not sure if that has anything to do with her going to Heaven or Hell, but thought you might want to add that.

don't be an idiot...this is a good example of not knowing what the hell you are talking about...this is not a game of technicalities...there is no foot fault, too much pine tar on your bat or technical for cussing at the last moment....you are so far from getting anything you need to stop thinking and try to love god and when you have that...then move on...you act like life is 30 minute legal comedy hour...not going to heaven because deeds don't get you there....**** off

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (Ephesians 2:8-10)

God's grace is greater than our sins but our "good works" will never make up for sins.

It is by God's grace that the penalty of a believers sins is placed on Jesus who makes atonement by sacrificing His perfect life in that person's place.

The wages of sin is death so no amount of "good works" can make up for that penalty but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus can make atonement for any one's sins ... all they have to do is ask ... that is God's grace.

Unless people are born again and have a personal relationship with God -- these are the one's who will be in Heaven.

• Karl P

Everyone will be surprised to see who is and who isn't in the first place! ONLY God Knows for sure.

Possibly. I once heard it said that Christians will be very surprised who they see and don't see in heaven. God bless.

Interested in this as well

They both in their graves.