Dru
Dru asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationFishing · 10 years ago

Have you ever had a fish jump into your boat?

I have heard of carp jumping into boats and even knocking people out of their boats.... but, I had never seen it.... until last night.... I was sitting there in the dark and quietly enjoying fishing..... and all of a sudden a big eye carp... jumped out of the water and into my boat!!!!! It scared me to death.... I just wasn't expecting it.... It was about 10lbs. and it just surprised me ..... LOL After I killed it and used it for bait... I laughed and laughed...... Someone ask me on my way out if I had done any good..... I said "Yes, they were actually jumping into the boat tonight, didn't even need a rod and reel or bait.."..... LOL.....

James W..... I believed every word... and was like.... oh great... that's just my luck!!!! I'm glad you were kidding... I actually had felt lucky for the free bait!!!

Favorite Answer

According to Chinese AND Japanese superstitions, a carp jumping into your boat is considered a sign of great prosperity. According to Japanese and Korean superstitions, a carp landing itself into your boat is also a sign for upcoming romance and sometimes pregnancy. BUT, all of those Asian superstitions said you mustn't harm the carp in any way and it must be released immediately after you touch the carp's barb. Harming the carp that jumped into a boat is considered extremely ominous and will bring dire consequences. I don't know what would happen if one kill the carp. Common sense told me it could only be worse than harming the carp...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

JUST KIDDING!!! LOL

Added:

If I caused any unnecessary stress, I apologize. I guess I drank a little too much while watching that NBA finals. LOL Carp fillet is a pretty good cat bait. I think your next monster cat will be landed on a piece of carp. :)

PS: I am not kidding this time. LOL

• dumdum

Yeah, once I went through a cut I had made in a beaver dam that the boat could barely go through. Went I got through it heard something flopping in the boat. It was a 1 1/2 lb bass. I can only assume he had gotten between the boat and the side of the cut and tried to jump. But never had nothing as large as you had jump into the boat.

Eh, I have a tendency to constantly keep lovely calm, however there were a few little incidents. Like your first tale, I've had a couple of encounters with snakes, which I most likely hate. The time that I freaked out and panicked probably the most used to be at my grandparent's pond as a child. Some peers and I used to move catfishing at night time, and we constantly made a hearth. Well, I bought available in the market early within the day to accumulate a few firewood up, and bumped into whatever that scared the holy hell out of me. I lifted my jon boat up, so I would pile limbs and what no longer in it, and there have been approximately 15 copperheads beneath it. I dropped the boat, fell, and reduce myself up lovely well. It used to be a nesting floor for them. The different quandary that I so much take into account additionally occurred at my grandparent's pond. I used to be catfishing on my own, and had 2 rods and reels propped up in opposition to my take on field casted within the water. I rise up, stroll approximately 10 ft away to take a piss, then bam! A significant catfish took the bird liver on one of the most rods. I needed to give up halfway via my piss (that sucks incidentally,) then ran over closer to my rods, however I tripped over vines or whatever. The outcome: I misplaced one rod and reel, at the same time the opposite rod and my take on field have been within the water. That is a kind of fish reviews that always replays in my brain, on account that I recognise that used to be one gigantic channel cat, being that it did not take however a moment for him to drag a entirely loaded take on field and 2 rods and reels proper into the water. The humorous factor is, I truthfully discovered that rod and reel, with the hook and weight nonetheless connected approximately a month or so later.

Yeah this one time I was fishing with my buddy Bert and he showed me an awesome trick to catch fish. Heres the Vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUusX1Js6R0

Youtube thumbnail