History Questions Please Help?
48. What was the ruling in the case Brown vs Board of Education?
49. What was the ruling in the case Plessy vs Fersuson of 1896?
50. One of the early leaders of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee was....
51. The passage of what law marked a turning point in the civil rights movement?
53. In support of a strike by African American sanitation workers, Dr. King went to Memphis, TN, where on April 4, 1968 he was.....
60. Who organizes the Black Power movement?
62. Who was NAACP's chief lawyer?
- staisilLv 710 years agoFavorite Answer
48. The U.S. Supreme Court case in which the court ruled unanimously that racial segregation in public schools violated the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The amendment says that no state may deny equal protection of the laws to any person within its jurisdiction. The court declared separate educational facilities to be inherently unequal, thus reversing its 1896 ruling in Plessy v. Ferguson.
49. The U.S. Supreme Court decision that established the legality of racial segregation so long as facilities were "separate but equal."
50. Ella Baker
51.The Civil Rights Act of 1964
60. Stokely Charmichael
62. Thurgood Marshall