Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MailAbuse and Spam · 1 decade ago

I would like to ask about the lottery of yahoo mail address?

i received on my yahoo account mail someone sent to me this informaion pleae can i to make sure the Information that is :

FROM THE DESK OF THE VICE PRESIDENT

INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS/PRIZE AWARDS

DEPARTMENT AUSTRALIAN INTERNATIONAL

SWEEPSTAKES LOTTERY INC.

1012 SIDNEY AUSTRALIA.

POWERED BY WED.DE

Ref: AUS/968/2010

Batch: AUS409978

Dear Email User,

You might receive this message in your spam folder due to high volume of email message,please bear with us. We are happy to inform you that your email address has won a consolation program announced by the Australian gaming board, EMAIL DRAW held today 30th May 2010. All participant were selected through a computer balloting system drawn from Nine hundred thousand E-mail addresses from Canada, Australia, United States, Asia, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Oceania as part of our international promotions program which is conducted annually. Your email has won you $1,000, 000.00 (One Million United States Dollars Only). Your claim fall in our V book in UK for your payment. To claim your prize, you are advised to contact your Fiduciary Agent Mr.Linus Walter in Liverpool,uk , including your personal information as required bellow for prompt verification and release of your prize.

============================== ========================

NAME (IN FULL):

ADDRESS:

NATIONALITY:

SEX:

PHONE/MOBILE:

FAX:

REF/BATCH NUMBER:

Note! For your prompt claim contact your Fiduciary Agent with his contact below.

Name: Agent Mr.Linus Walter

Official Tel: +447024083959

Official Email: mrlinuswalteroffic1@hotmail.co.uk

FOR SECURITY REASON: BE ADVICE TO KEEP YOUR WINNING INFORMATION CONFIDENTIAL TO AVOID DOUBLE CLAIMING OF ONE PRIZE.DOUBLE CLAIMING OF ONE PRIZE IS AMOUNTS TO PRIZE CANCELLATION.

We the members of Australian Lottery Congratulate for your winning.

Sincerely,

Mr.Peter Martin Garfield.

Director Australian Promotion Team

SECURITY PROTOCOL!!!. we advice all winners to keep their winning information confidential from the public until your claim is processed and your prize released to you. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted taking advantage of this programme by non-participant or unofficial personnel.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sorry friend but there is no Microsoft, Yahoo or other e-mail lottery, it's a scam do not answer do not give personal information.The following sites give more information

http://www.snopes.com/

http://www.scambusters.org/

.Also If you go to the following site you will get some info on ID theft www.identity-theft.org.uk the iinternet is safe enough if you are careful but please answer nothing that you are doubtful about.Good Luck and be careful

• Lyn G
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Well, did you enter that lottery, you know buy a ticket????? No??? You can not win something you did not enter or play. Besides Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, Microsoft, MSN and Aol do not have lotteries, reward programs, promotions, or contests.

When an E-mail offer sounds too good to be true, then it is definitely not true.

It is a scam to get your personal information and/or your money, or both!

Do not respond to it.

Report it, forward it to the FTC at spam@uce.gov and to the abuse desk of the sender's ISP.

For yahoo, report them here: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ya…

Choose Fraud as the reason for the violation you're reporting on.

Also, if the E-mail appears to be impersonating a bank or other company or organization, forward the message to the actual organization.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Don't ever give any personnel information. If you didn't enter a lottery, how can you be a winner? It sounds like a scam. They are just trying to get your personnel info, possibly for identity theft. I would tag it as spam, and get rid of it as soon as possible. Don't open it, it might be a virus.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That is nothing but a phishing scam which has been around for many months. Do not answer, just delete the message, or you'll end up with a hacked Yahoo account and/or a drained bank account!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Beware of that, the guy has a Hotmail.com and not a @HisWebsite

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.