Is this a good 'Forrest Gump' review?

I am in year 7, (12 years old!), at a secondary school, and we are studying 'Forrest Gump.' I have to write a review, and i need to know if its okay. (it is not finished yet! .. so please only judge on what is there!!!) If you could tell me what else needs to be added, that would be great aswell! Do... show more I am in year 7, (12 years old!), at a secondary school, and we are studying 'Forrest Gump.'
I have to write a review, and i need to know if its okay.
(it is not finished yet! .. so please only judge on what is there!!!)
If you could tell me what else needs to be added, that would be great aswell!

Do you ever feel that life is getting you down? Do you struggle with simple day-to-day activities? If so, watch Forrest Gump! This heart-warming story will make you have a different view on life.

Born in Alabama, Forrest grows up with braces fixed to his legs, due to a curved spine.
With an IQ of below 70, (which is below the state’s definition of ‘normal’), Forrest has the big heart and the cheerful spirit of a child.
Always by his side, is his best (and only) friend, Jenny, who, like Forrest’s caring mother, doesn’t care that Forrest is a bit ‘slow.’
Throughout the movie, Forrest gets harassed by other people, but he never takes offense, or gets angry, (until he finds out that his sweet-heart Jenny is being abused.)
Forrest is portrayed as being stupid, but that isn’t entirely true, after all, how many people do you know that have achieved all of these:
American Football Star; War hero; Ping Pong champion; T.V celebrity; Winner of a Victoria Cross; Head of a nationwide shrimping business; frequent visitor to the White House; and he has also met President Nixon, John Lennon and Elvis Presley.

During the film, Forrest Gump recites a few well-known quotes, which he learnt from his mother.
“Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gunna get” Is used frequently. It means that life is full of surprises, and you can never tell what is going to happen in the future.
Another well-known quote is “stupid is as stupid does”. Forrest tended to use this as a comeback, and it means that you’re only stupid if you do stupid things. It’s not down to your appearance, or intelligence, but how you act.

The role of Forrest Gump is made for Tom Hanks. His use of a Southern American accent fits in with Forrest’s slow intellect, and makes you seem as if you are with him, throughout the story.
Robin Wright is an excellent choice for the role of ‘Jenny Curran.’ She manages to create the loving, kind character that is Forrest’s best friend, but also carries out the image of a drug-addicted hippy. The viewers fall in love with her performance, and are always eager to see what act she is going to reveal next.
Sally Field plays ‘Mrs Gump’, Forrest’s affectionate mother, who constantly tells him that he is no different to anyone else. She even sleeps with the principle, to make sure that Forrest gets the best!
She plays the part very well, and suggests that Forrest is the only thing that matters to her.

I am going to write about how the soundtrack fits in with the film, and how it might portray how the character is feeling! ..
Please tell me what else i need to write, and say whether its good or bad so far :)
1 answer 1