Mouse with possible neurological problem?

So if you have been reading my questions lately in this section, you'll know that I recently rescued a mouse that needed a home after being used for a biology experiment at my school. Well I just found out what the experiment was: mice were blasted with death metal music and classical music for long periods of... show more So if you have been reading my questions lately in this section, you'll know that I recently rescued a mouse that needed a home after being used for a biology experiment at my school. Well I just found out what the experiment was: mice were blasted with death metal music and classical music for long periods of time to see how they reacted differently. Isn't that the stupidest thing in the world? Mice have really sensitive hearing and this could have had really really damaging effects on the mice! I'm worried that my mouse is deaf now or something (but of course there's nothing I can do about that).

Anyways, this is my question:

I'm noticing my mouse is exhibiting strange behavior. Currently he's in a ten gallon glass terrarium with aspen shavings as bedding and some paper towel rolls and boxes. It's about a foot high and there's only one level (This is just a temporary home; I've never had a pet rodent before so I'm going to go to the store to get him a real wire cage that's two stories tall and everything). Of course he's nervous being in a completely new environment (and probably shaken by that experiment) but he occasionally randomly takes giant leaps into the air, and "lands" on the mesh ceiling upside down and crawls upside down for a while, before falling back down. I'm amazed that he can just jump up a foot considering he's only three inches long, and I find this behavior very strange. He usually does it at night when he's most active, and he usually crawls around on the ceiling for a few seconds upside-down when he does it before falling back down. It's just so odd to see him randomly spring up in the air, straight up, vertical, and cling onto the ceiling like that.

Any ideas about what to do about this? Is this considered normal behavior, or is this a neurological problem? Could this have been caused by the experiment that was performed on him?

Thanks so much!