How to define a 'stay at home mom'..?

there was this girl that is about 17 that has a two little girls that are not in school yet, she is not working and lives with her mother, the grandmother, she call herself a stay at home mom.. It got me thinking, who can call them self a stay at home mom and what really is a stay at home mom? I don't... show more there was this girl that is about 17 that has a two little girls that are not in school yet, she is not working and lives with her mother, the grandmother, she call herself a stay at home mom..

It got me thinking, who can call them self a stay at home mom and what really is a stay at home mom?

I don't want to start an argument with anyone,, stay at home mom or working, that is your choice, I am asking, who really is a stay at home mom..?
Update: I stoped running over small animals a lot time ago, but that is beside the point..