Who thinks cloth menstrual pads are disgusting, and who thinks they are just fine and why? Good reasons only?

I've found a lot of odd stigmas surrounding them since I had to switch to them because of skin and chemical allergies. I find it odd because they are much cleaner and safer than the paper ones. The paper ones, in the package, caused a friend of mine to get constant bladder infections around that time of the... show more I've found a lot of odd stigmas surrounding them since I had to switch to them because of skin and chemical allergies. I find it odd because they are much cleaner and safer than the paper ones. The paper ones, in the package, caused a friend of mine to get constant bladder infections around that time of the month, every month, so I made her a set of the cloth ones, and she is fine now. So why on earth do people assume they are dirty or unclean? If you have negative comments about them, have a REALLY good reason behind it no stupid comments. And if you like them, explain why so others can see this question later and get a good answer why they are for the better.
Update: Cotton for top is the best, insides its best if you use bamboo/cotton flannel. Regular pad (3 layers) or heavy flow (up to 10 can be used!). Waterproof cloth can be used to create the bottom/wings, if desired (to ensure no leaking) I personally have never found a need for this mine are cotton/bamboo. Use paper ones... show more Cotton for top is the best, insides its best if you use bamboo/cotton flannel. Regular pad (3 layers) or heavy flow (up to 10 can be used!). Waterproof cloth can be used to create the bottom/wings, if desired (to ensure no leaking) I personally have never found a need for this mine are cotton/bamboo. Use paper ones as outline. Cloth, if washed and cared for properly, smells like...nothing when wet unlike paper. ALWAYS soak in baking soda water (cold) for up to 4 hours until ready to wash in a plain old bucket, then toss in with their soak water right into the washer, no handling anything icky. Wash in cold w/ no fabric softener in a basic detergent (free and clear etc) then if desired in hot water with no detergent (sanitizes even more and removes detergent residue which can make them less absorbent over time if it builds up). If you get stains use oxyclean. If not ready to wash right away, leave them dry. The more times you wash cloth pads, the more absorbent, unless you get buildup.