LGBT: Can somebody help me to understand homosexuality?

For realz. Gays aren't my cup of tea. I've had bad experiences with gay people. But since I'm a member of the LGBT community I would like to try to understand homosexuals as much as possible. I think they deserve the right to be happy and the sight of two men or women kissing doesn't disgust me but... show more For realz. Gays aren't my cup of tea. I've had bad experiences with gay people. But since I'm a member of the LGBT community I would like to try to understand homosexuals as much as possible. I think they deserve the right to be happy and the sight of two men or women kissing doesn't disgust me but I don't understand homosexuality at all. Like why would 2 people of the same sex want to be together?
Update: I mean what I dont get is how is a gay man happy being a man? Don't you want to reproduce?
Update 2: @Rainbows:
I'm attracted to men so I identify as straight. If I was attracted only to women I would identify as lesbian.