HELP, IM SCARED:Having Surgery on Boil/Abcess/Hidradenitis Suppurativa?

Hello! I have been getting these reoccurring abcesses under my right arm and finally my doctor suggested surgery. So I have this very painful one under my arm now that just got drained but it came back....one of the reasons I decided to proceed with the surgery. But the thing is I am TERRIFIED, SCARED,... show more Hello!

I have been getting these reoccurring abcesses under my right arm and finally my doctor suggested surgery. So I have this very painful one under my arm now that just got drained but it came back....one of the reasons I decided to proceed with the surgery. But the thing is I am TERRIFIED, SCARED, FRIGHTENED, DISTRAUGHT, and any other synonym for scared you can think of. I wanted to know if anyone had had this type of surgery before and how was the recovery time and how was the pain. I know we all have different thresholds of pain but I am curious. I have had to get about 6-7 of them drained and the pain was horrible. But I have had about 20 of them under this one arm pit. PLEASE...let me know so i know what to expect. Thank you!

PS- My surgeon said that there will be an open wound once they remove it because closing it up makes the infection come back...so I must have someone with me to help me change the bandages, etc.