Do teabaggers even know who Noam Chomsky is?

all this talk about how honest the politician Ron Paul is and no mention of his rival coined "the most important intellectual alive" by the New York Times. Their ideology is quite similar in regards to foreign policy and they both identify with Libertarian ideology; I believe Chomsky is much more... show more all this talk about how honest the politician Ron Paul is and no mention of his rival coined "the most important intellectual alive" by the New York Times. Their ideology is quite similar in regards to foreign policy and they both identify with Libertarian ideology; I believe Chomsky is much more informed judging by the credibility of his sources compared to Paul (they are even the same age). Problem for teabaggers: Noam Chomsky is left libertarian and wants to redistribute the wealth in a fashion far removed from Obama's vision and nearly the polar opposite of Paul's.
Update: @Liberty&Freedom
Thanks for showing the Y/A community that you know nothing about him and probably typed in keywords "Noam Chomsky communist" and could not find much; he has identified himself as a left libertarian countless times. I guess this proves my point.
Update 2: @HeavenHelpMe
Isn't that the problem?
Update 3: @Shamus
point proven again, he has consistently critiqued liberals as well as cons; by the way, remember sentence trees in high school, he got his fame from linguistic breakthroughs by redefining grammar as the study of syntax, semantics, phonology, pragmatics, lexicon, etc.
Update 4: He also was the first to discover that human language is not picked up through imitation and invented the theory of Universal Grammar in that our brain comes equipped with an innate sense of grammatical structure or a "language acquisition device". There was even a research chimp named "Nim... show more He also was the first to discover that human language is not picked up through imitation and invented the theory of Universal Grammar in that our brain comes equipped with an innate sense of grammatical structure or a "language acquisition device". There was even a research chimp named "Nim Chimpsky" in his admiration that was able to achieve rudimentary elements of American Sign Language.
Update 5: @wichitao you make some good points, but any follower of Chomsky has heard your "ivory" tower argument. I hate to burst your bubble, but in order to study under Chomsky one must be an intellectual. I admit that many of his followers treat anything he says as "gospel" but many do not. For... show more @wichitao
you make some good points, but any follower of Chomsky has heard your "ivory" tower argument. I hate to burst your bubble, but in order to study under Chomsky one must be an intellectual. I admit that many of his followers treat anything he says as "gospel" but many do not. For instance in the language Universals argument, I tend to agree with Edwards in that Chomsky is overstating these rules. However, I agree with the "ivory tower" that one language out of 6-7000 is not definitive evidence to bring down an entire theory (especially when Edwards admittedly cannot speak the Piraha language fluently).
Update 6: @wichitao I have seen your posts and you are a teabagger; maybe you could look at some of Chomsky's theories on language change and see that this word refers to people like you more commonly than your perverted definition. It is not in the dictionary yet and I am betting that it gets associated more so with... show more @wichitao
I have seen your posts and you are a teabagger; maybe you could look at some of Chomsky's theories on language change and see that this word refers to people like you more commonly than your perverted definition. It is not in the dictionary yet and I am betting that it gets associated more so with you guys when it reaches the OED (especially when it is the preferred term for college professors)