Emma asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 10 years ago

i need yellow food coloring and don't have time to go out will orange and red make yellow?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

No. Red & yellow make orange, but there's no two basic food coloring colors that you can mix to get yellow. What are you using it for? You could try just a little turmeric. Too much will make the flavor off if it's for something sweet. Other than that, possibly dry lemonade mix, like unsweetened Kool-Aid lemon powder? I can't think of any other common things that might work.

• 4 years ago

Not sure you can, but I'd try equal parts blue and green and then (maybe) a little red. Try different combinations in small amounts until you find the proper percentages. Too bad you don't have a white icing. Should be able to turn that black with 1/3 each of the red, green, blue. Good luck.

• 10 years ago

Orange and red will make a darker orange. You can't mix any two things together to get yellow, it's a primary colour.

• 10 years ago

I think you might want to "thin out" orange.... Orange and red might make a darker orange

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lv 4
    10 years ago

NO orange and red will make a lighter red it makes orange-red.

• 10 years ago

Is it that necessary to your recipe? Many a time we just ignore the ingredient egg yellow colouring cause its not necessary. Try to do without it. Good luck ;)

Source(s): excperience =)
  • 10 years ago

No....I'd suggest boiling a yellow onion skin in water, but you already said you don't have time.

• 10 years ago

NO.... MAYBE orange and white......but is there such thing as white food colouring??

• 10 years ago

Duh no; red & yellow make orange.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.