fishing locations in idaho?

i want to go fishing in boise idaho and i was wondering where are some catch and keep spots to go fishing. any help?

Favorite Answer

I live in Boise. There are plenty of good fishing spots around the city. It depends on what type of fish you want to catch.

The Boise River and many of the local ponds are stocked with trout. There are trout and kokanee in Lucky Peak Reservoir, but you really need a boat for the kokes. If you want to fish for warmwater fish, many of the ponds also have bass and bluegill. Some have channel catfish.

The Snake River has some sturgeon and monster cats. Try Swan Falls or Celebration Park.

If you don't mind driving a ways, CJ Strike Reservoir is another good spot for just about everything. Trout, sturgeon, cats, bass, crappie, bluegill... You name it. I saw someone catch a 5 pound smallmouth there earlier this year. It's about 50 miles from Boise, but makes for a good day trip.

Brownlee Reservoir is further away on the ID/OR border, but is also another good spot. It has several of the state records.

Check the links in the source list for a ton more info.

I lived in Garden City for a few years and I used to frequent the Veterans Memorial State Park. Within there is the Boise Cascade Lake, it's not HUGE but I have caught a few Trout there and also a few from the small Runoff stream though the Lake is better. It's free, it's clean and it's in the heart of Boise along the Greenbelt. Refer to the Idaho State laws regarding catch limits and good luck.

• mehan

in case you're coming up from South Florida to bass fish you would be disillusioned. Idaho is mythical for it is blue ribbon trout streams, steelhead and a few salmon fishing. There are some bass waters (usually in Southern Idaho) with small mouth bass. I lived in Mississippi for some years, and enjoyed fishing for bass, yet you will no longer discover the comparable fish here.

pshh.. boise??haha northern idaho is "best"!!♥ haha but, i am not that familiar with the place, but snake and salmon rivers are probably the best two in idhao!!:D

Source(s): live in idaho!