Why do Americans keep electing low IQ presidents like Obama & Bush?

Don't bother "defending" the IQ of either of these idiots. I simply won't debate whether the earth is round or whether I'm being fair to dumb and dumber. These guys are both dumb. Not for debate. To even try and debate the issue misses the point anyway, not to mention confirms your membership in club-stupid.

Americans just refuse to take notice of our best and brightest. It's almost like a jealousy thing or a mass pied piper effect. We don't want our best to be president. We just f-ing don't. Here's the truth of it, I just couldn't imagine hiring either Bush or Obama into any position of importance within a corporation. I might take Obama as a sales person if he could show me some references that proved he had the work ethic. That's it. I don't think I would take Bush in any role other than an investor...which is not a role per se.

Let me ask you this, how many of you even gave thought to someone like Mitt Romney? You realize that he owned two successful investment firms. He was a Governor. He was president of the Olympics. He was magna c_m-laude everything (business school, law school, etc). He wasn't ushered into Harvard through the back "grades don't matter" diversity door. He was a high achiever. An exceptional mind and a problem solver. His resume made everyone else look like dog meat and he barely got a sniff. If you dont think smarts...real smarts...exceptional level genius type smarts matter at the executive level, you are dumber than a box of rocks.

Of course there are many many people in America who are even more accomplished and smarter than Romeny yet we almost always have to chose from people who are not exceptional in the least. If you say "ya well our best and brightest don't want it" you are kidding yourself. That's a crock. Parties only prop up candidates who have the political muscle and are marketable to the ignorant masses.

If we keep electing Obama's and Bushes...we are done. Period.

Best Answer

Simple answer: Garbage in , Garbage out < = > Stupid people elect stupid leaders.

Well, the other two got themselves elected so smart? Maybe not but clever certainly.

I have to agree with a poster on one of my questions. It isn't stupidity it is laziness. No one wants to go through the work to make an informed decision, researching the candidates instead of just sitting in front of the TV trusting the media spindoctors to tell them who they should vote for.

I wanted Romney as well, though he is a Republican which makes him automatically part of the corrupt system of government (the Bipartisan Empire).

You mentioned part of the problem right there at the end, parties. Call me a cynic but I think had Romney gotten elected then, eventually, the real government would have gotten to him as well and he would have been pressured by party "assets".

I don't have any real hope until we manage to abolish political parties.

Because we lack campaign rules that allow a person to rise based on their own inteligence. Most candidates get there by accepting contributions from special interests. Both Bush and Obama received money from oil companies, national banks, real estate companies. They provide the financing needed to gain national recognition. A person that offers real solutions will not be funded by the corperations that posses the money. If we could eliminate all outside sources of campaign financing and ensure that each candidate can produce a platform of their own, not influenced by any party, then the people could vote based on platform and have equal air time where the public could question the candidates, We would elect more inteligent. people. But, as it stands, the corperations decide who will be on the ballat and people vote based on who they would most like to have a beer with.

Romney had political connections. Did you not forget that his own father was a politician? That gives a person an incredible leeway to do pretty much about anything in a society dominated by white peers who have equal power.

Obama is intelligent to write his own materials. Romney had someone write what his foreign policy was in Foreign Affairs, an incredible lack of intelligence if you will. I don't consider Bush to anywhere near the playing field. He is a Legacy much like Romney is since he's been using the same Leg-Up. As for problem solving? He is as much a salesman as the next guy if you believe in that (shmuck) lol

Looking back at history, there was someone who might fit your criteria: Woodrow Wilson. He was the only president with a doctorate in political science. He was mostly out of touch with Congress when he wanted the League of Nations to work out, so his political skills weren't as great as his intellectual powers.

Romney's iq is 122, bush's is 125, Obama's is 102, meaning that Romney is actually right in the middle of Obama and bush in terms of iq.

• Teresa

Hahaha, brilliant! I love your sense of humor. Many times right on this board I've seen cons say Obama is like Bush. I've also seen many people say Repubs and Dems are the same (nothing could be farther from the truth, but we need to get big money out of politics to see more difference). ##

It's harder to control those of actual intelligence... But i'm not going to put Bush down.... I seen, firsthand, many of the things he'had to deal with... You want to put true blame somewhere? Put it on the people who voted in our current congress and senate... There's more to the picture than you'll ever know chief.. Trust me on this... Alot of damn good ppl have taken a beating over trying to protect the people and protecting their freedoms at the same time... The problem is socialism has manipulated many into believing it's the only alternative... Hopefully this has now become clearly self evident to most that, in fact, it isn't...

A pretty face and a good speaking voice is what a lot of people are going for, substance means little any more? Being intelligent does not mean you can run a country. I have heard only three people I considered being of the intelligence that others only dream of and they are all dead. I did not vote for Obama but I have seen little that he has done wrong but so many people are blinded by race or party??

I believe that intellectuals are either

A) to smart for politics and its useless games

or

B) try and run, but get shot down by their opponents for the most trivial of reasons

Honestly we dont even need a super high IQ president; we just need someone loyal to the PEOPLE, not their party; someone who is aware of whats going on AT ALL TIMES!!!! and somebody who chooses respectable and reliable people as their staff.

Source(s): personal opinion
  • ME

I didn't vote for Romney, but he was a pretty good governor, I'll give him that. But I hate how he talks like a politician.

• Thalia

Voters vote for the most entertaining candidates, and then wonder why the country is falling apart.

This isn't Hollywood people, vote for someone with ability, not the best look or best soundbites.