? asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 10 years ago

Looking for a book but cant remember title/author. help!!?

The book is about a girl (main character/lindsey??) that grew up during depression. She had a bestfriend who's father commits suicide during that time. Umm..the girl has an older brother who later goes off to war and somehow ends up in a relationship with her bestfriend but dies before he gets to go home and marry her. Lindsey ends up marrying her highschool or college sweetheart while her best friend somehow ends up with her dad. Lindsey and her husband have a little girl named Sara Pauline who grows up and dies during childbirth. That throws Lindseys husband into a depression and therefore a rocky marriage with Lindsey who was doing all she could to save the marriage. He ends up having an affair with her ex-bestfriend. They divorce and Lindsey finds a new guy thats good to her and her exhusband ends up unhappy with her exbestfriend.

Gosh that sounds like alot of drama but its a really good book. Ring a bell to anybody?:)

Best Answer

I am looking for a book that is about a woman, I believe her name is Claire, who is trying to have a baby with her husband, and when she can't, she turns to meditation, but when she lights the candles, her mind takes her back in time to one of her ancestors, who I think is named, Isabel. Her current day husband is trying to make her sell the castle in Scotland that has been in her family for generations. When she refuses, he tries to make everybody think she is crazy so he can get power of attorney so that he can sell it. Isabel's husband isn't any better, he is mentally and physically abusive. Wish I could remember the author, but I read it when I was pregnant with my 16-year-old. If anybody can help me, I'd really appreciate it! I'd like to read it again!

I am not sure that I am e-mailing the right place, but I am trying to locate a book that I read about 10 years ago. Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the book or the author. Which makes it almost impossible for me to find the book. I do however have the general story of the book. It contained and uncle, his daughter and a niece. The niece was treated horribly by the uncle and daughter and tricked by them. She is mistaken for the daughter when a pirate comes to get revenge on the woman who caused his brothers death. The daughter had given her cousin a ring or some type of jewelry to make it look like she was the daughter and not the unwanted niece. The pirate kidnaps the wrong girl and rapes her on the ship, only to find out that she was beaten and had whelps on her back. The story continues about trust and things like that. The pirate also has a pet panther in the book.

I purchased a book quite a few years ago (probably 5+ years) and it was a book about four friends who went off and did their own thing but still continued to email/write each other which was incorporated into this book. I think one of the friends went to Paris or somewhere in Europe... I could be wrong. But then one of the friends was diagnosed with cancer or some sort of illness and died at the end of the book. I can't remember anything else about the book but it was one of those books that you couldn't put down! You could read it over and over and wouldn't get tired of it. But I misplaced the book and can't for the life of me remember what it's called as I'd like to order another copy of it. Any ideas of what it may be? This isn't Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - I know it sounds like it but the book I'm looking for does not have anything to do with pants and one of the friends in the book that I want to find is diagnosed with an illness and dies in the end (which doesn't happen in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants)!

It was a paperback, in the early 90's, with an illustrated Art Nouveau style cover. It showed a blond girl with a hat standing in front of the Metropolitain entrance in Paris. Bright colors, really beautiful eye catching cover. Can't remember anything else about it.

i am looking for a book that is about a woman, I believe her name is Claire, who is trying to have a baby with her husband, and when she can't, she turns to meditation, but when she lights the candles, her mind takes her back in time to one of her ancestors, who I think is named, Isabel. Her current day husband is trying to make her sell the castle in Scotland that has been in her family for generations. When she refuses, he tries to make everybody think she is crazy so he can get power of attorney so that he can sell it. Isabel's husband isn't any better, he is mentally and physically abusive. Wish I could remember the author, but I read it when I was pregnant with my 16-year-old. If anybody can help me, I'd really appreciate it! I'd like to read it again

• Sonia

Goddes Summoning Book by P.C Cast Lament and Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater Night World by P.C Cast Need by Carrie Jones

Tell a little bit information about the story of the book .It may help you to find out the book .

That does sound good! I have no clue, but I'm answering to get this question on my record so I can find it again. I want to read this book.

When I heard that it sounded like a Dear America book. My friend's always reading them, I might show this to her. =) good luck!

Source(s): Memory? I guess...

I am working in a big book store and I can help you to find all you needed!

If you need help please e-mail me(mandychong2010@yahoo.com) your book lists so i can check and then quote you the best prices(include delivery cost and DISCOUNT FOR STAFF!!!), It MUST be cheaper than you buy from any of those website and local book shops. WE PROMISE!

Any question are welcome. Cheers!

** We can quote you the prices first, and you can consider or take the reference for compare to online shops.**