Joshua J asked in SportsMartial Arts · 10 years ago

why is the new karate kid movie called the Karate Kid if he actually learns kung fu?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Gerald
    Lv 5
    10 years ago
    Best Answer

As long as holly wood feels it can make money by exploiting peopl's lack of eduations on martial arts, they will.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

They call it "Karate Kid" because when Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) lived in the United States had had some karate training; however when he moved to China (the main martial art in China is Kung Fu) it was more realistic and practical the he learn Kung Fu.

check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/KarateKidMovie?v=vV-G3...

• 10 years ago

The movie is called karate kid because the little boy, the protagonist, is called Karate Kid when he was bullied by the others as he knows a bit of Karate.

Source(s): wikipedia
  • 10 years ago

To have a remake you must use the same Title for the Movie. If they called it Kung Fu Kid it would be like calling Friday the 13th Part 15 something like Porky's Revenge.

I might be showing my age mentioning Porky's.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

apparently before he learns kung fu in the movie he already knows a little karate so thats your answer.

• 10 years ago

became the movie wants to tap into the popularity of the 80s Karate Kid

• ISDS
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Brand recogniztion. Why is this question being asked 3 times a week? Because no one enters their question into the search answers bar before posting a new question. (I don't either).

• 10 years ago

It sounds catchier than 'Kung Fu Kid'?

• 10 years ago

Sometimes writers are not aware of their mistakes, they are up for the money and not for the will to correct things.

Good luck

Source(s): Senses
  • 10 years ago

Poetic license.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.