Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

What do you think of the Kentucky Senate responding to Rand Paul by passing resolution affirming civil rights?

Kentucky Senate rebukes Rand Paul on Civil Rights

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/ask;_ylt=Avo9EeP...

I can't recall any other state ever passing a law to protect themselves against their own candidate, can you?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If the senate was embarrassed by Paul even through he was popular, then they should take a close hard look in the mirror and wonder why a guy like Paul is able to get ahead of established candidates

The recent scandals of the bail outs and the light handling of the corporate fraud and the cozy relations between elected leaders and big business is seen as corruption and makes the voters very, very angry. This is the reason outsiders are gaining steam. Maybe if they do not want another foot in the mouth candidate, they should fix that.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

I am a white man grew up in the South and EVERY time a white man started using certain rhetorical arguments about reconstruction, civil war, civil rights, private owner rights, etc., I later on found out they were either bigoted or racist.

Both Ron and Rand Paul use those very same rhetorical arguments.

Further, the Pauls, plain and simple, draw racists: donations from Stormfront, racist writers on their newsletters, racist staff, etc.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it's a duck.

To be fair (and this is where a lot of you will give me thumbs down), Obama is consciously playing a major role of an organized black supremacy movement. However, this movement is part of an even bigger plan to totally destroy any one who says they want a limited government. Obama is a double agent.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

I think that if a business owner wishes to only serve gay aliens from Mars that only wear pink tutus while smoking crack should be their choice. Limiting your customer base is not typically a good way to stay in business, but it should be up to the owner. I find irony in the reality that churches discriminating against people is a right codified into our laws. I guess it is okay for churches to discriminate in hiring and membership, but not everyone else. They are even given tax exempt status for the promotion of their hatred.

• Happy
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

... No, I sure can't. Ron Paul did scare a lot of people, and it's not because they don't understand him. They do understand him and find his ideas scary. Yes, he says he believes in civil rights. Yet, he doesn't believe in federal government regulation of businesses. We all know if there were no federal civil rights law that many businesses would discriminate. The way I see it, Kentucky was just coming out loudly and saying "Even though the voters nominated this guy, we still want you to know we're for civil rights, and just in case, we're passing a law to protect civil rights." IOW, were they embarrassed by him? Yes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Well, I understand what Rand Paul is saying, basically that the business owners should have the freedom to have the business they want HOWEVER, he isn't really thinking of it correctly.

As example; dog fighting is illegal. Under Rand Paul's way of thinking, a person should be able to have a busiiness with dog fighting...but dog fighting is illegal so they can't.

Same thing holds true with racism and civil rights laws: a business owner may not want to have to follow it to the letter but it is illegal, so they can't do it.

So Rand Paul is wrong and Kentucky is only confirming their belief in the validity of the law.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Everything bmoc2525 said is true and correct.....It was the media that made the issue that they the " media " CHOSE to make to discredit the man.....The government creeps further and further into our PRIVATE lives as the Constitution granted to us.....THAT is the issue here....NOT what the media wanted to play....BEWARE of the media....They did the same thing to his father for years and years because he opposes the war machine.....

• 1 decade ago

They, like others who don't understand his argument, will try anything to make themselves look just and make him look bad.

His argument was not condemning civil rights, it was against Government's deviation from the constitution.

He supports civil rights just not legislation imposing government will into private businesses.

A better example of his argument would have been smoking bans in private clubs and restaurants. Rachel Maddow wanted a hot button topic she could use to discredit the man and chose civil rights.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The establishment is scared shitless of the Pauls and all this posturing and media lies have done nothing but increase Rand's popularity,

• most people nowadays have a brain. There are good christian republicans out there that will see that what Rand Paul was trying to propose is completely utter trash

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I guess they must have some kind of subtitle for the resolution, ... like "Boy, Are We Ever Embarassed At Who's Running This Year."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.