What is wrong with my Sims 3 game?

I have a brand new MacBook that meets all the technical requirements of the Sims 3 WA. However, when I go to play, before long, the graphics become funky (Sim turns totally black or invisible; create a sim options are scrambled, etc.) and the game eventually crashes without an error message. What is wrong? I don't understand why this would be happening if the computer is new. I have a NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics card. Please help!

Favorite Answer

If you look on the back of the Sims 3 disc case, look where it says System Requirements. Look at the box on the right that says Mac in the very first row. If you look on the bottom of that box under Video, you'll see really small words. This is what it says--- Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce series: 7300, 7600, 8600, 8800, 9400M, 9600M, GT120, GT 130 ---- I think you need a higher numbered graphics card like one of them that I had listed. If you can't find where I found the info, you can also just look above the small EA symbol. Hope this helps!!!