How many white soldiers died in the civil war for the union side alone?

Im white and live in a northern state (north of mason dixon line) My ancestors have been here for nearly 200 years now (190) I dont have proof but they were a very large family and i assume some fought in civil war for the north. Im tired of people talking about how racist america has been when 350,000 or so died... show more Im white and live in a northern state (north of mason dixon line) My ancestors have been here for nearly 200 years now (190) I dont have proof but they were a very large family and i assume some fought in civil war for the north. Im tired of people talking about how racist america has been when 350,000 or so died on union side alone of battle wounds disease ect ect. Was that racist for them to fight over freeing slaves and that many to die? I read that 10% of the union soliders wer black so that puts the total # of white soldier deaths over 300,000 still