How many white soldiers died in the civil war for the union side alone?

Im white and live in a northern state (north of mason dixon line) My ancestors have been here for nearly 200 years now (190) I dont have proof but they were a very large family and i assume some fought in civil war for the north. Im tired of people talking about how racist america has been when 350,000 or so died on union side alone of battle wounds disease ect ect. Was that racist for them to fight over freeing slaves and that many to die? I read that 10% of the union soliders wer black so that puts the total # of white soldier deaths over 300,000 still

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Approximately 330,000 "white soldiers" died on the Union side.

There was approximately 360,000 total Union deaths in the war, first source.

Approximately 30,000 African-Americans died in the war fighting for the Union, second source.

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How many white soldiers died in the civil war for the union side alone?

Im white and live in a northern state (north of mason dixon line) My ancestors have been here for nearly 200 years now (190) I dont have proof but they were a very large family and i assume some fought in civil war for the north. Im tired of people talking about how racist america has been when...

Source(s): white soldiers died civil war union side alone: https://tr.im/WrOq4
  • Frosty
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The Price in Blood!

Casualties in the Civil War

At least 618,000 Americans died in the Civil War, and some experts say the toll reached 700,000. The number that is most often quoted is 620,000. At any rate, these casualties exceed the nation's loss in all its other wars, from the Revolution through Vietnam.

The Union armies had from 2,500,000 to 2,750,000 men. Their losses, by the best estimates:

Battle deaths: 110,070

Disease, etc.: 250,152

Total 360,222

The Confederate strength, known less accurately because of missing records, was from 750,000 to 1,250,000. Its estimated losses:

Battle deaths: 94,000

Disease, etc.: 164,000

Total 258,000

The leading authority on casualties of the war, Thomas L. Livermore, admitting the handicap of poor records in some cases, studied 48 of the war's battles and concluded:

Of every 1,000 Federals in battle, 112 were wounded.

Of every 1,000 Confederates, 150 were hit.

Mortality was greater among Confederate wounded, because of inferior medical service.

• 6 years ago

If you work for a living we re all slaves now. If you don t believe me try not paying federal income tax which no law can be found that it is based on not for regular income.It is a voluntary tax but they go back and find mistakes on your old returns and get you for purgery if they find a mistake. So why don t we quit fighting about who did what and stand together as AMERICANS not (african americans, irish americans, asian americans, ETC, ETC, ETC. And fight the real problem which is the privately owned media and so called black leaders that just stir the pot to get rich while we still struggle. Give us all free colledge and let our tax dollars pay for that instead of paying for all these wars against terror which are only bankers wars to take over foreign banks so they control the worlds money supply while the americans fight a race war while they pick all of our pockets. We are the great melting pot of the world. Let s stand together and take our country back from the mobsters that control it by making us work from January to May just to pay taxes to enrich them while we all struggle no matter what color we are.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 years ago

**** YOU ALL, this REBEL flag was not a problem 154 years ago why a problem NOW in 2015. Get off your ******* OBAMA piece off **** horse. This flag is a part of AMERICAN history NOT Africa history, Almost 700,000 americans died in this war and only less than 10% were black. You can take your Black panther flag light it on fire and put it UP OMAMA'S ***. The Second Civil War will start soon thanks to OBUTFUCK!!!

KISS MY REBEL ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    6 years ago
  • 5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awo6o

Republican Racist Rand Paul wants to make it legal to discriminate against them again...

• 5 years ago

Many great replies already for this

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

truth is there wouldn't be ANY WAR if whites would have just stayed out of north America and Africa as well asia. nobody invited you there and secondly don't feel because your race died fighting your race that apology is accepted after all this whole ordeal started with YOUR RACE TO BEGIN WITH who came to africa? who came to north America ? when both these places had its indigenous occupants.

• 6 years ago

look you can go back anytime

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.