is it safe to travel to Israel?

I'm from australia and am going to be travelling europe next year, I just want to know whether it would be safe for me to visit Israel? i'm very interested in the history and would like to see some of the holy sites but i would rather skip it and live than be hit by a bomb. also, do women in Israel need to cover up? and would it be safe for a woman to walk the streets alone during the day? i've been told in some middle eastern countries it's dangerous.

thanks!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Arilou
    Lv 5
    10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi,

it is safe to travel to israel, and you don't need to cover yourself. actually going to the beach is very popular here :)

you do need to dress modestly in the holy places.

the streets are safe for women to walk the streets alone, during day and night.

if you have more questions about traveling in israel, feel free to email me.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

A good website:

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice...

also, before leaving Australia register for free with DFAT 1300 555 135

• 10 years ago

Dont worry happens only in sedrot (rockets). nah.. should be safe nothing special but pro palstine demonstrations.. (arabic areas)

And no you dont need to cover up yourself, only orthodox jewish women do, but many people in Israel are not religious and dress just like any other morden liberal nation, you can wear what ever you would wear back home, we are very fashion conscious, we all wear western style clothing. just like in australia or any other morden country.

As far as Jerusalem goes, if you are planning to go to the religious then take with you more conservative clothes, they expect the woman to cover their shoulders, if you are wearing a top that doesn't cover your shoulders they will give you free of charge a scarf to put on around your shoulders. i reckon long skirt (covering the knees) and a long top one ^_-

everywhere else I'm sure you can wear just casual clothing.. :)

nah, were 1st world country dont worry.. just be aware. like you would back home.

p.s i dont know if its true but were probably going to have a war (Hezbollah,hamas,syria,iran IDK XD) this summer.. some say yes some say no but we will see.

rumors.. i guess.. but you can definitely smell the gunpowder in the air :\ the army sends special induction orders to some people..

P.S.S - EY ARABS YOU FU*K CUN*TS GO BACK TO UR CAVE -.-

cheers

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Israel is not a safe place to visit.Hopefully ,Israel will accept peace and pull out of Palestine.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

If you carry so much as a packet of peanuts with you, most likely the israeli army will murder you for helping to feed the palestinians.

• Is it safe to travel anywhere :)

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

No there just fighting and blowing up things it should be fine

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

not if you're gong as a part of a peace group

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Did you say ethical?

No it is not

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.