Do I have a good chance of passing the 3 hr glucose test?

I took the 1 hr test yesterday and my midwife told me that my sugar level was to high (140 when their cut off is 135) So since that isn't too high I was just wondering....My chances of passing the 3hr test is pretty good right??

Favorite Answer

Statistically, you have only a small risk of having elevated numbers with your 3 hour glucose tolerance test. Only about 5% of pregnant women develop Gestational Diabetes. The 1 hour glucose tolerance test is a tool your doctor uses to determine if a 3 hour test is warranted. There really is no "pass or fail" with glucose tolerance tests, but rather they are diagnostic tools to determine if you have developed Gestational Diabetes. Most women with elevated blood glucose results with the 1 hour test do go on to have normal results from their 3 hour glucose test. Even if your numbers come back indicating you do have Gestational Diabetes it is possible to manage it. I had Gestational Diabetes with my 4th pregnancy. It did require a change in my eating habits as well as testing my blood 4 times each day. I didn't need insulin, but some women do. My baby was born at 41 weeks weighing 6 pounds 14 ounces. Both of us did fine and neither of us had blood sugar issues after she was born. Testing for Gestational Diabetes helps moms manage it since it is undetected and un-managed Gestational Diabetes that causes the most complications.

2

Source(s): Cure Diabetes At Home - http://diabetesgofar.com/?BnjA

I failed the one hour test my first pregnancy, and then passed the 3 hour. I had eaten chocolate pop tarts right before I went in though. I was never told to fast before the 1 hour test (and I have done it twice now). I was only told to fast before the 3 hour test. They didn't even tell me until the morning of that I was doing the glucose test.

baby momma is wrong! well here goes, i passed my 1 hour test but only by a few points. Then a couple weeks later my uterus was measuring 2 weeks ahead so my doctor wanted me to come in to do the 3 hour test.

I am actually sitting here doing my 3 hour test right now, so i know its defiantly not 4 :). Ill let you know what the out come is but i hear ALL THE TIME about women who don't pass the one hour but pass the 3 hour only like 5% of women actually get gestational diabetes, so your chance are good!

Most people pass the 3hr test even if they fail the 1hr. I also failed my 1hr but passed my 3hr one... you shouldnt worry, just make sure you dont have anything before the test...they say you can only have water...no food... so make sure you dont eat anything or it will screw up the results.

t's a 4 hour test not 3 that they would do now, and they run 3 blood tests in that time. I think you ahve to have normal results in 2 out of the 3 blood tests to be considered fine. So i would guess you have a good chance at passing, but I'm just guessing

same thing happened to me, same numbers and all, and I was fine. I'm sure you will be too.