How do you obtain pedigree cat papers?

From what I know, if your cat didn't come with papers, you can't get any for them or descendants. Is there a way to prove that your cat is pure bred if it didn't come with papers? Can you still show or breed them? I don't plan to do any of this with my kitties. I was trying to find out what... show more From what I know, if your cat didn't come with papers, you can't get any for them or descendants.

Is there a way to prove that your cat is pure bred if it didn't come with papers? Can you still show or breed them?

I don't plan to do any of this with my kitties. I was trying to find out what breed of cat they might be and came across a few things that made me wonder how breeders get started, if not with proven pedigree cats.

I found that my kitties look like Dragon Li :D
Update: If you'll kindly re-read the question, I did state that I have NO interest in breeding and that my cats LOOK LIKE Dragon Li. They have the eye shape and the proper markings and colors. They're both very intelligent, curious, bold and friendly. I got them in HI last year, for free, from a neighbor. The... show more If you'll kindly re-read the question, I did state that I have NO interest in breeding and that my cats LOOK LIKE Dragon Li.

They have the eye shape and the proper markings and colors. They're both very intelligent, curious, bold and friendly.

I got them in HI last year, for free, from a neighbor. The kittens mother was also a gift, so I have no idea where they came from.

I think I'll post another question with pictures in a little bit if you'd like to look for it. :)