promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelLatin AmericaPanama · 1 decade ago

Whats it like to live in Panama?

I'm thinking about moving to Panama but I would like to hear some peoples opinions about it before I make that decision..

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

panama is a wonderful place! There are lots of bugs, but no more than in the southern US. The only difference is that EVERYONE uses Air Conditioning 24/7 in the US. While most nations south of the border will maybe use A/C at night if that.

in any case, it all depends where you want to live in panama. City, mountains, beaches, etc.

panama city is a VERY metropolitan city, more so than Miami (my home town) Dallas, LA. certainly A LOT cheaper. A nice 3 bedroom apartment in a newly built building will be anywhere from 1000 to 2000 per month. im in a 2 bedroom and i pay 600, but that because i signed back in 2007. my electric bill is about 50/mnth with AC about every other night. I have a maid that comes once a week and cleans the entire place, and laundry but doesnt iron, for $20, each visit. but maids can be tricky, you need to get one that has been referenced to you, no companies!

I also lived 2 years in the mountains of chiriqui, in boquete. Amazing little town, but for someone who is 24, i needed more action so i moved to the city.

Like every latin american country its about who you know and you position in society, so make sure you have a well known and respected lawyer/firm if you plan on buying a house/land/apartment etc...

any questions, just shoot me an email seb62085@gmail.com

-Scott

Source(s): living in panama since 2005, half of my family is panamanian and parents retired in boquete, but moving back to enlist soon.
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

warm lots of bugs, beautiful women though, its worth it. ;]

Source(s): fun in the sun!!
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.