Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelLatin AmericaPanama · 1 decade ago

Whats it like to live in Panama?

I'm thinking about moving to Panama but I would like to hear some peoples opinions about it before I make that decision..

Favorite Answer

panama is a wonderful place! There are lots of bugs, but no more than in the southern US. The only difference is that EVERYONE uses Air Conditioning 24/7 in the US. While most nations south of the border will maybe use A/C at night if that.

in any case, it all depends where you want to live in panama. City, mountains, beaches, etc.

panama city is a VERY metropolitan city, more so than Miami (my home town) Dallas, LA. certainly A LOT cheaper. A nice 3 bedroom apartment in a newly built building will be anywhere from 1000 to 2000 per month. im in a 2 bedroom and i pay 600, but that because i signed back in 2007. my electric bill is about 50/mnth with AC about every other night. I have a maid that comes once a week and cleans the entire place, and laundry but doesnt iron, for $20, each visit. but maids can be tricky, you need to get one that has been referenced to you, no companies!

I also lived 2 years in the mountains of chiriqui, in boquete. Amazing little town, but for someone who is 24, i needed more action so i moved to the city.

Like every latin american country its about who you know and you position in society, so make sure you have a well known and respected lawyer/firm if you plan on buying a house/land/apartment etc...

any questions, just shoot me an email seb62085@gmail.com

-Scott

Source(s): living in panama since 2005, half of my family is panamanian and parents retired in boquete, but moving back to enlist soon.

warm lots of bugs, beautiful women though, its worth it. ;]

Source(s): fun in the sun!!