Metalheads:patching a jacket/vest?

For those of you familiar with creating "battlejackets",i want to create one i've bough patches and everything but i'm confused if i should get a jacket or a vest?

Another question,i know people who overpatch their jackets and it just looks sloppy and looks like someone's trying too hard.How many patches is too much?

Update:

Trolls,go away serious answers only please.

Update 2:

For you maybe :),but to me i don't dig the look where their is patches overlapping each other or you don't actually see uncovered denim.

http://tshirtslayer.com/files-tshirt/imagecache/sh... is an example of what i don't like

Update 3:

I am 22 have been listening to metal since i was 15 currently taking telecom in university.I am definitely going to do the bleaching i looked at some images and it looks pretty cool.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Best Answer

I like punk but i used to be a metalhead and ive been patching since i was 8.

If you wanna be creative.

Get a BLACK denim jacket. Make it a cut off. Stencil a simple band sign WITH BLEACH on the back (i recommend Municipal Waste's) then patch and stud the front of the jacket. No one ever uses black denim.

EDIT* you can't have enough patches. >.>

2ND EDIT* to be fair, he has patched that really well, but you don't need to do that, it's up to you how many patches are too many. Id definately bleach it though, i have that guys Municipal patch (top left) on my skinnies lol. What age are you?

Sweet, i'm 16 haha. I don't listen to much metal anymore but it's better than some music out there.

Source(s): Currently sporting black skinny jeans with 27 patches, over 40 safety pins, a bleached in Squatta's Rights sign and a homemade belt made of cable and curtain hoops.
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

Hey, Bon Scott had patches ON the patches on his old blue jeans. You can't have too many. A little paint doesn't hurt either if you want to stencil something on.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.