Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 decade ago

Arkansas Driver's Permit/License Question?

I'm sixteen.

Live in Arkansas.

I just got my permit.

In thirty days I take my driving part. Say I pass that, and do I have to wait six months to drive by myself? Are there ways around that because of jobs and school? A lot of my classmates bypass that rule some way. Also, what is the difference between a permit and an intermediate license?

Favorite Answer

Any person between the ages of 14 and 18 who has not been issued an Arkansas Driver's License will be issued a drivers license under the Arkansas Graduated Licensing Law (Act 1694 of 2001)...

The law mandates a progressive driver's licensing program for young drivers. Drivers are required to adhere to the restrictions at each level before they can move on to the next level.

The learner's license is the beginning drivers' license issued to a person at least 14 years of age and will expire on the licensee's 16th birth date.

Applicants may qualify for a learner's license by passing the written and road tests given by the Arkansas State Police, passing the vision exam and having no serious accidents or traffic convictions in the most recent six months.

The three levels of licensing are learners (must be at least 14 years of age), intermediate (must be at least 16 years of age) and regular licenses (must be at least 18 years of age).

Applicants for an intermediate driver's license issued on or after July 31, 2009 are required to sign an acknowledgement they understand these restrictions:

Prohibited from operating a motor vehicle with more than one unrelated minor passenger unless accompanied by a licensed driver 21 years of age or older.

Prohibited from operating a motor vehicle between the hours of 11:00 pm and 4:00 am unless the licensee is: accompanied by a person 21 years of age or older; driving to or from a school activity, church-related activity, or job; or driving because of an emergency...

Nope. its like this... younger then 18: have to get 6 months with your permit. The end. Be patient. Six months will fly. You can still drive now anyway with someone 21 and 3+ years driving experience so whatcha worried about? :]

www.drivingrules.org

Source(s): www.drivingrules.org