I just had my first kiss and im scared to date because of sex, why?

I am 16 and a girl, with that said Sunday night I had my first kiss. The first night I met the person that I kissed was also the first time we ever met and it was just for about 2 hours. It was at a friend’s house when me him and our mutual friend were all hanging out (not on a dare, we were flirting all night and... show more I am 16 and a girl, with that said Sunday night I had my first kiss. The first night I met the person that I kissed was also the first time we ever met and it was just for about 2 hours. It was at a friend’s house when me him and our mutual friend were all hanging out (not on a dare, we were flirting all night and when he said goodbye we kissed.). I guess I kissed him out of physical attraction and a few known facts, but now I cannot really remember what they looked like. I mean I do but at the same time I don’t, like I know the color of his eyes, his hair his height, his build, but I cant remember the features on his face. I talked to him on the phone for about 4 hours on Monday night, Tuesday we talked all night, and we never talked Wednesday because he fell asleep early because he was tired. I never got board when I talked to him on the phone, and he really likes me. But I am unsure I like him still. I want to kiss him again, but I am not sure if it is just because we kissed once I now can kiss him again and not worry that it’s my first kiss, or if I really do like him. I know he wants to kiss me. I am scared I will really like him because he was my first kiss and because he is a great guy. I feel shallow for feeling unsure about him because I remember he was cute when we met (but we were outside all night so I never really got to get a good good look at him and he had a had on.) but I am not sure how cute he will be to me next time we meet.
The last few days there has seemed to be a lot of mentioning of sex, more apparent to me than normal. Like at school we had a serious in-depth conversation about it, and then on the TV there is always conversation or graphic images relating to sex. Virginity is something I take pride in, I know when I asked him what he wants from me he said a real friend and to stay friends, like if we date and then break up, but he also said he wanted me to be my first. He is also a virgin, or al least a partial one. He asked me what I my opinion on sex was and I told him that I wanted to wait, and we kind of left it at that(this was not the only thing we talked about for all those hours just to be clear). I have never had a relationship and so I am not sure if its normal for a teenagers to discuss this stuff within recently meeting or between people if there is a possible relationship in the making. I mean we are human and he is a teenage boy so it would have to be talked about eventually. I have anxiety so I get nervous about many things that seem small to other people, like that I kissed a guy and now I am not really sure I like him, but at the same time I think I may or could. I am not really sure what I am asking, please help. Give me words of wisdom and things to help me figure out what to think, opinions are good. Thanks
Oh he is 16 also if that helps