i have a question on joint custody?

i have court date tommorow for joint custody on my daughther which she is 4 yrs old she about to start pre k school on september have a lil problem i live in brooklyn she does to but she stays at both places in brooklyn with her parents and manhatan with her boyfreind she wants to put her daughther in school in manhatan but i feel is really far from me i prefer her better in brooklyn which is close to me and to her grandparents anyway can a judge make her relocate to brooklyn? or is not possible?

3 Answers

  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    You could argue that your ex doesn't reside in Manhattan. She really resides in Brooklyn with her parents.

    If your daughter is going to a public pre-k, then your ex would be breaking the law when she uses someone else's address to enroll your daughter in school.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 10 years ago

    Yes, they can grant the other parents wish to relocate her if they deem it best for the child.

    If you have some sort of reasoning to keep her in Brooklyn with you it will work better - EG, family is close so any emergencies its easier to handle, school has better accreditation, etc.

    Do a little homework tonight on the differences between the cities, get some statistics, is brooklyn safer for children? are there more crimes in Manhatten? get anything you can.

    And good luck.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • WRG
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

    The judge can do just about anything he wants. I would argue that your daughter living with a live in boy friend is not a suitable situation.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.