Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 10 years ago

Will Obama support or condem Israel ?

or do neither ?

yes, I DO support Israel 100%

Gee KIng, we only just met. give it some time . LOL

Favorite Answer

I am also a strong supporter of Israel but whomever was our president would find himself in a difficult situation.

On the one side Israel is an ally and we want to show our support, on the other side we have Turkey, an ally of both Israel and the US. The problem is that Turkey has condemned Israel's actions. We need Turkey as they are strategically important to our war efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I happen to agree with the blockade, if we had weapons that we knew were coming in to be used against us, we would do the same. In fact the US itself has used blockades against cargo coming into Iran.

It would be hypocritical of Obama to condemn the blockades, but what would likely be appropriate would to try and resolve the problems with diplomacy.

Israel has the right to protect itself and they should not let world opinion lead them to a decision that takes this protection away.

My guess is that Obama will take a neutral stance.

The White House press secretary is on record as supporting Israel. Israel continues to be a strong ally in the region. That is Obama's position.

Still, it would interesting to know what happened on board the ships. Were Israeli soldiers first attacked or provoked or ...

That said, I found Charles Krauthammer's description of Gaza as reprehensible:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjNjj_bVaRQ

Youtube thumbnail

He will do neither but will try to give an answer that can be taken as support as well as condemnation; his typical way of doing thing. I also support Israel 100%; I do not support Obama even 1%; he is a disgrace.

• Why am I not surprised.

You hate an American President, yet give 100% support to a Foreign Power -- a Foreign Power, I might add, that pursues its own agenda, not the USA agenda.

Israel is a lot more like the Arabs than it is like us or the rest of the West.

You sicken me.

The world condemn the terrorist regime of Israel regardless what the US President says about it.

• I would like to see you state on the record that the Israelis handled the incident well. I'm sure Turkey, until last week Israel's closest friend in the Mideast and our NATO ally, would like to see that, too.

Oh, he will eventually support them.. he will grumble and talk tough and try to act big, but then the rich Jews in government and with influence will tell him what he is to say.. and he will.

• Calvin

He is likely to vote "Not Present".