Sony CyberShot DSC-W370 VS Canon Power Shot SD-1200, CPS SD-1300, CPS SD-1400?

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the following PARTICULAR models (not just the brands):

Sony Cybershot DSC-W370

Canon Powershot SD-1200

Canon Powershot SD-1300

Canon Powershot SD-1400

I had a Canon camera and loved it, but I am not assuming all Canon cameras will be good because of my experience.

Pros/cons? I am not looking for any super high-tech camera, I just want nice quality photos for a reasonable price. I am hoping to get as long a life as possible out of whatever camera I choose, so the price doesn't matter too much as long as it is portable and not too delicate.

The only functions I use are basically Auto, Digital Macro, and Video.

I would like a quick snapshot time, and the ability to do the continuous shutter thing (10 photos in a short time) would be nice too.

Thank you!

Anything will help, please be as detailed as possible. I won't pick you for best answer unless you base it on experience or any other good back-up.

Links are good as long as you say something too.

Video isn't a big concern of mine, I know I'm not going to get spectacular/stunning videos... I just mentioned it because I do use it but not as my job or anything.

Basically I'm looking for the camera that will have the clearest snapshots, last a while, and work well OUTSIDE. I am going to be using it alot outside and don't want the sunlight to wash out the pictures to the point that they all look like this: http://www.dumbening.com/images/10099.jpg

Battery life helps too. I'd prefer to be able to go a while without charging it (my Canon SD1100 battery was great).

Favorite Answer

Sorry, I haven't owned any of those particular cameras.

I do have the Sony Cybershot DSC-W380, though. I love it. I haven't had any problems in it since I bought it (about 3-4 years ago). It takes great pictures outside.

To compare to the W370, my camera is the same except it is only 7.1 megapixels with only a 5x (or maybe it's 3x) zoom.

they are the two advantageous, elementary little digicams with almost comparable specs. the sony expenses slightly extra (however the pictures wont be any extra beneficial). i've got in no way enjoyed the form ingredient of the sony T-series- with the sliding cover, or the adherence to their proprietary memory sticks. so- on those minor factors, i could bypass with the Canon. until eventually you rather like an inner lens format- then the Sony is for you. inspite of the shown fact that- for that fee- which you need to to envision the SD700IS or 800IS (for 28mm extensive perspective). the image stabilization would be extra clever than the version between 6 and 7 Mpix. Plus, you get a 4x zoom rather of a 3x. Or, for an indoor, social digicam, you will do extra beneficial with a fuji F31fd. this is have been given 2-3 stops extra beneficial low gentle overall performance and 580 pictures from a charge on the battery. candy.