My chances of beating a traffic ticket in California?

If I use trial by declaration or a court trial? I'm open to plea bargaining if the point does not stay on my record, but I would need to request second offender traffic school because I got my last one in January of this year. I'm considering showing up to court, but would rather do a written declaration... show more If I use trial by declaration or a court trial? I'm open to plea bargaining if the point does not stay on my record, but I would need to request second offender traffic school because I got my last one in January of this year. I'm considering showing up to court, but would rather do a written declaration because I have alot of evidence and am clear with the written language. In real life I say "um" alot. Can I still request 12 hour traffic school and a reduction in fines through a written declaration or is that request only made in court before a Judge? I am pleading not guilty but wrote in my written declaration that "if the court does not find in my favor in this case, that I request 12 hour traffic school and a reduction in my fines." Is it better to show up to the arraignment to plead not guilty and then set a trial date or are my chances better with the written declaration? Thanks for the advice in advance.
2 answers 2