what do you mean by joomla?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available. Best of all, Joomla is an open source solution that is freely available to everyone.

http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla.html

Because Joomla code is open source, anyone is able to write modules and extensions of the system, making it extremely adaptable. These modules are available for download, typically through their creators' websites. Many web designers also create Joomla design elements, called 'themes', which they then make available for download. Not all Joomla themes are free, however, and many web designers will make custom themes for a price.

Features of Jooma

--------------------------------------------------

- Completely database driven site engines

- News, products or services sections fully editable and manageable

- Topics sections can be added to by contributing authors

- Fully customizable layouts including left, center and right menu boxes

- Browser upload of images to your own library for use anywhere in the site

- Dynamic Forum/Poll/Voting booth for on-the-spot results

- Runs on Linux, FreeBSD, MacOSX server, Solaris and AIX

• 3 years ago

No. as quickly as you get far greater matured with information superhighway progression (not information superhighway layout) then you may initiate messing around with Joomla. I say information superhighway progression considering you may choose to appreciate approximately databases and Hypertext Preprocessor to enforce and use Joomla. I say carry on with the basics for now, or merely plow forward and learn Joomla :)

• oops
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Who you talking to? I didn't say anything about joomla.

• 10 years ago

joomla is an open source php based CMS (content management system).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

Me? I don't know.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.