2010-11 AFC EAST standings?
what do you think the possible outcome of the standings will look like for the AFC EAST for the upcoming season. list the teams there records for next season
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
1. New York Jets 12-4. The nucleus of the Jets AFC Championship team returns from last year, along with many off-season additions. The running game and defense will once again lead this team to many victories. But the Jets were also very conservative with a rookie QB last year, and Sanchez will likely see more attempts this year. Depending on how much their passing game improves, the Jets are a legitimate Super Bowl contender.
2. Miami Dolphins 10-6. The Dolphins lost a ton of close games and blew big leads last year. A large part of that can be attributed to an inexperienced QB and a poor/young defense.The passing attack and defense should both make improvements because of the addition of Brandon Marshall and Karlos Dansby. But it will be the strong rushing attack that will lead the Dolphins to a wildcard berth in 2010
3. New England Patriots 9-7. With the Dolphins and Jets emerging as forces in the AFC East, I think the window has closed for the Patriots. Their defense is an average unit. On offense, Wes Welker may not make it back in time for the start of the season, and it will probably take him a few weeks to become 100 percent. And although Brady is one of the top quarterbacks in the NFL, I don’t think he’ll have enough support to make the playoffs this year.
4. Buffalo Bills 2-14. This is not a very good Bills football team. They will not be able to pass the ball this season. Trent Edwards is a below average QB and he doesn’t have much to work with.Combine that with their offensive line, and this offense is bottom three in the NFL. Teams will also be able to run successfully against the Bills again this season. Although they can shut down opposing teams’ aerial attacks, their defense is still average at best.
- Terry C.Lv 71 decade ago
- Anonymous1 decade ago
The patriots are still a good team, i mean they do have Tom Brady enough said. But they're not good enough to win the division. The Jets made huge improvements to their team with Boldin and others. But i don't think that just because of all that they'll go 16-0 like many jets fans think. They'll be a better team but Sanchez is still developing. In a year or two they'll be shoe in's for a Superbowl championship. Miami added Marshall which will only add to their great run game. The only thing keeping them from taking the Patriots place as the number two team in the division their shoddy defense. Which ranked 22nd in the league. They better improve that or this team is going to go very deep into the play offs. The Bills just suck really, they're rebuilding and it will take a a couple years to even get to the Dolphins level. That makes me sad to say
Jets - 10-6
Patriots - 10-6
Dolphins - 9-7
Bills - 6-10
- 1 decade ago
Here are my standings
Jets (12-4) They are a great team under a good young developing QB and good weapons around him, with a great running game and great defense. This team can win it all.
Patriots (10-6) This is a tough one. The Patriots are starting to go downhill,their defense is lacking and Randy Moss is getting old, Wes is hurt, and all the while the Dolphins are going up hill but for this season, the Patriots hold on for second place.
Dolphins (9-7) With Brandon Marshall as their star receiver and a solid running game with Ricky and Ronnie and the Wildcat, and a improving defense, this could be a potentially dangerous team, and their season will be hard to guess, but like I said I think the Patriots will come out on top this time, but watch out for the Dolphins in the future.
Bills (7-9 or 6-10) I don't think they have the tools to make the other teams worry yet, even though they have 3 good running backs, because of their QB position and their defense. Both need improvement to give the other teams a run for their money.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- ?Lv 41 decade ago
- EddieLv 51 decade ago
Barring injuries, here would be my predictions:
New England: 11-5
New York: 10-6