New Jersey v. T.L.O impact on nation?

New Jersey v. T.L.O is a supreme court case it is about the following: was a case appealed to the Supreme Court of the United States in 1984, involving the search of a high school student for contraband after she was caught smoking. A subsequent search of her purse revealed drug paraphernalia, marijuana, and documentation of drug sales. She was charged as a juvenile for the drugs and paraphernalia found in the search. She fought the search, claiming it violated her Fourth Amendment right against unreasonable searches. (copyright)

The Supreme Court declared it did not violate her constitutional rights because there was a reasonable suspicion.. now my esay question is if this bettered or worsten the nation. I chose better because in case there was anybody that suspected someonelse had a weapon, school officcial were in their right to revise any of their objects. But how do you think it betters the nation.

THANXXXX=) 4 2MORROW

IM FINISHED BT WANNA ADD ON

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hmm well that like it could save someones life if they find a gun or something in someone's bookbag or like if someone is on drugs you can do something about it if they find it and you could save many people's life and stop many ppl from goin 2 jail, its also kinda a bad thing cause they can find answers to a test and BUSTED... well i hope you get a good grade in mr.nieves and yea see ya 2morrow omg cant wait just 4 MORA DAYS!!!!! hugs

• 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

New Jersey v. T.L.O impact on nation?

New Jersey v. T.L.O is a supreme court case it is about the following: was a case appealed to the Supreme Court of the United States in 1984, involving the search of a high school student for contraband after she was caught smoking. A subsequent search of her purse revealed drug paraphernalia,...

Source(s): jersey impact nation: https://shortly.im/TD4lz
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avCgt

is this a school assignment?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.